IGNORED

Football Manager 2013

Guest Gary C

So I've had everyone of these new incarnations of Champ Manager since 2007. I regularly sink weeks (accumulatively actual months) of my life into these games.

In 2012, I've won the Premier League with Peterborough twice, Champions League twice and won the World Cup with England... It's been probably one of my best ever games.

So it's time for 2013. You can get the demo if you pre-order, and I'm torn.

I've had this game for so long that I can't remember life without it, but the notion takes me that... how much more productive could I be personally if I just didn't buy it this year?

Has anyone else ever managed to curb their FM addiction and seen remarkable profits in their personal life?

Has anyone else ever managed to curb their FM addiction and seen remarkable profits in their personal life?

no, you have to make a decision. What i usually do is skip a year, so i bought FM2011 but then when it was released i skipped FM2012 and stopped playing 2011.

I'm buying FM2013 and spend a whole year trying to bring top players to a league two club.

Guest Social Spastic

sack it off fella ... its a waste of time, i've turned halifax town into the biggest club on the game played upto 2037 before it finally crashed ... big wow , i still don't think utd will phone me up after fergie retires. it's time to focus on more realistic life goals like becoming bigger than dave guetta and solving the middle easts problems

Guest drukqs11

I never felt that bad about FM. (I play since the 1st incarnation back in CM 92/93 if i'm correct).

The thing is, FM is a distraction, it's single player, it's mostly 'turn based' no need for full screen state-of-the art GFX and playing without sound (is there sound actually) is no problem, so i can just listen to SAW 85-92 while i'm rolling a joint, and on my other monitor i'm watching a stream of real football :P or i'm chatting on facebook or smt.

In other games i have to be commited to it, in FM i don't. Despite that, it's by far the game i've played most in my entire life, only WoW back in the day can match it.

• 3 weeks later...

Both of my roommates played the 2012 one religiously; they probably played like 10 to 12 hours everyday. After 2013 came out, one of them bought it and the other one didn't. The one that did just graduated school so he has a lot of time on his hands, but keeps telling me that it's just sucking time out of him. The roommate who didn't buy the 2013 told me he didn't buy it just because he didn't want to spend 10 hours a day playing it again, but he's also an alcoholic, so I think he's just as unproductive has before haha.

IMO, you should buy it; I heard that there is a mode that goes a lot quicker than the normal mode, so you can do play a season a lot faster. But then again if you can't moderate it anyways then it won't matter!

I haven't bought it yet, and haven't really missed it yet either. I've still got a saved game on FM2011 to go back to if I want.

I find I tend to play these games more in the spring/summer though, which is really the very worst time to get into a time-sink. I guess it's because the football season ends and I need something to obsess over.

But yeah, doing fine so far. No more productive yet, but I can envisage more opportunities. I haven't started drinking any more than usual either.

• 1 month later...
Guest Social Spastic

found it with fifa 13 for 35 quid in game. put fm 13 straight on ebay so fifas worked out at 18 pound, if it work it would almost be value for money

• 3 weeks later...
Championship Manager 99 FTW!!!!21

I would definitely have had more sex and attended more lectures at Uni if I never played that game*

FM2013 is a pretty good game. I like that you don't need to concentrate too much these games

I'm In my third season with Southampton. Have a ridiculous attacking midfield of Bernard, Gaston Ramirez and Wellington Nem. Ademilson up front has bagged something stupid like 17 goals in 11 games

*This may not be true

Archived