IGNORED

New bits and bops

T3551ER

• 1 month later...

I'm not sure why this thread hasn't gotten any response. 

The Forest is a killer track! You've got to hang in until the breakbeat kicks in though for it to fully register, so maybe people haven't paid enough attention. But it's so fun to listen to. Like, the buildup is the whole point of the track, but then the middle breakbeat section is what ties it all together. 

The Last Day of Summer I think needs more mixing. It's got nice ideas and melodies, but needs more work. Maybe because it's so busy and and jam-based it's a harder sell until you find a place for all the sounds in the mix.

Actually, you can use your own track The Forest as a reference.

On 8/27/2021 at 7:18 PM, ArtificialDisco said:

I'm not sure why this thread hasn't gotten any response. 

The Forest is a killer track! You've got to hang in until the breakbeat kicks in though for it to fully register, so maybe people haven't paid enough attention. But it's so fun to listen to. Like, the buildup is the whole point of the track, but then the middle breakbeat section is what ties it all together. 

The Last Day of Summer I think needs more mixing. It's got nice ideas and melodies, but needs more work. Maybe because it's so busy and and jam-based it's a harder sell until you find a place for all the sounds in the mix.

Actually, you can use your own track The Forest as a reference.

Cheers! Appreciate the kind words here - the Forest definitely one of the recent things I'm most happy with. It is.. yeah, it meanders a bit. Glad you liked it. 

Very much grateful for the feedback on Last Days - that's a case of being too close to a track and not being able to hear it w/ fresh ears. Legit grateful to get some thoughts on how to improve things (ironically, I've spent 10xs more time on trying to get the mix right v the first one... funny how those things seem to go). 

?

• Like 1

On 9/4/2021 at 2:07 AM, webby said:

I really like your use of piano in both pieces, maybe the really long tail reverbs on it are taking up a lot of space in the mix however. I'd say ditto to ArtificialDisco's words about The Forest, great track.

Thanks Webby - the comment about the reverb tails is helpful. Trying to pinpoint where things are getting mushy has been a challenge, will go back and take a look/listen to this in the mix. Appreciate it!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...