IGNORED

Digital DJ Equipment that prepares you for real gigs

o00o

I am currently looking for DJ equipment that will make me get used to the big decks that are used in clubs like the large pioneer DJ consoles but without spending 2000 bugs. What are my options? I also would prefer to have a usb stick version that doesn’t need a laptop and that might be compatible to the pioneer file system. Is there something like this starting in the lower price digits? Where is the lowest entry point in there that is still preparing me for a club setting?

6 hours ago, o00o said:

Where is the lowest entry point in there that is still preparing me for a club setting?

Most (but not all, natch) venues will have Pioneer CDJ/XDJ players and a DJM series mixer, so I would suggest a pair of XDJ-700s and a DJM-250 - they're entry-level versions of what you'll mostly see at gigs. I've been DJing for over 30 years, and I have a pair of XDJ-700s, a pair of Technics SL-1200MK5s and an Ecler NUO 4.0 analog mixer here at home. There are cheaper (non-Pioneer) options, but Pioneer DJ kit is the industry standard, so if you go with something else, YMMV.

• Like 1