IGNORED

Glitch Hop remix of Karsh Kale

Zephyr_Nova

fucking wicked.

what can i say, it just flows so nice, the mix is strange and unusual (in a good way), just very tight stuff overall... top notch..

its cool that you give yr tracks away on acidplanet, but maybe it'd be a good idea to release some high-quality, non-mp3 versions of your stuff somewhere, like hardcopies or putting up some high-bitrate/FLAC files..

Thanks. I'll be selling CDs along with Metric Style records that will be available to order through various sites on the net. There will be versions of the songs on the album that will not be available for download on AP. The album's finished, tracklisting's sorted out, they're just raising funding so that they can press/promote it adequately. It will probably be an October or November release date.

Guest pchrome

Sounds nice. I like the atmosphere and the melodics.

I think my only suggestion is that the vocal mix is a bit shady. The female vocals in the left speaker are fine, but the rapper one might be a little too loud in some bits. Might have something to do with the stereo seperation or the flanger/phaser effect (i always forget which sounds like which). Maybe its just the mp3 compression or the fact that I'm streaming it through windows media player but yeah- the stereo seperation. Other than that - its slammin

really good. listened for a first time, liked, returned to listen one more time. would like to download, but there is some kind of registration involved. i still have your ice people are melting song on my hard drive, good shit. :)

Thanks for all the feedback guys, I really appreciate it! I hadn't checked back here for a while so it was a nice surprise to see so many new comments on this mix, thought it had slipped under the radar. Thanks for the suggestion pchrome. Those bits are intentionally really huge and spread out for effect, though perhaps that doesn't translate so well on the crappy 128kbps stream. The really loud mixes never do.

Cheers, James! Glad you liked it.

great track man... it's always nice to hear some fresh gl-gl-glich hop homey. i agree with all that i want a higher bitrate track but ohh well. it's flawless and doesnt have one repetitive note in her.

*tuned down 808 kick*

this track is too sick, it just cannot go unbumped, its what guys like p73, machine drum and the rest of the posse ought to be doing right now..

liked a amped-up version of vsnaers' remix of boombip's the unthinkable, menacing flows..

*tuned down 808 kick*

this track is too sick, it just cannot go unbumped, its what guys like p73, machine drum and the rest of the posse ought to be doing right now..

liked a amped-up version of vsnaers' remix of boombip's the unthinkable, menacing flows..

agreed... after listening to the track the magic i found in machine drum lessened a bit but i still have a lot of love for the 73.

Guest Shining Rock

yeah good stuff, did remind me a little of kid 606 but not as schizephrenic..which is nice, the kid overdoes it alot :P

very nice mood to it though, chill and smooth yet abrupt and dynamic

Again, thanks for the overwhelming positive response.

I have not heard Machine Drum and have heard very little Kid 606. What tracks would you recommend? Funkstorung's my only real reference point for this glitch hop stuff. I've heard a few other artists attempt it as well on myspace, but so far Funkstorung's been the only artist I've heard doing it really well. I love Prefuse's production style, defnitely has a hip hop flavor to his his sound. I don't think I've heard any tracks of his with rapping on it yet. I picked up his newest recently (which is supposedly one of his weaker releases according to a lot of his fans) and have not heard as much of his older material.

Archived