IGNORED

new to the forums....some music I'd like to share

Guest Alex0112

Guest Alex0112

Hey guys,

I'm new to the forums, obviously a big fan of electronic music and the like. Just thought I would share some of the music I started making recently. I don't have any professional equipment or anything, just FL Studio, just a little thing I'm doing to try to make cool songs, nothing too serious. Let me know what you guys think.

myspace 2 (just started this, going to try and make an attempt at more electronic music with more break beats etc.)

myspace 1 (just some general electronic music, not too electronic music like)

thanks

Guest Alex0112

sweet, thanks dude. Yep, it's FL Studio only so far, although I think I'm going to get Reaktor, I tried it at my friends house, it seems really in depth, and I heard squarepusher uses it.

I like your stuff a lot by the way dude.

welcome!

now playing first track off 0000. it all sounds a little messy (maybe because of the huge reverb), on the other hand the beat works pretty well and the the kind of 303 sounds pretty good. the track's got a lot of energy.sounded like the track's too compressed tho, and found it a little long too but i guess no one would second me on that last point.

now playing the 'electronic music' track. synth remind of the other track. like the pitched down pad a lot, reminds me of an amiga/atari protrack module (called nebulos). the track's not finished is it?

Guest Alex0112

Thanks a lot for the input guys!

yeah, I understand what you mean with the 1st track, there's a lot (maybe too much) going on. Any way you think I could make it sound less compressed, not quite sure what you mean there.

and yes, the second track isn't finished yet.

about cmopression maybe that's just me. sounded like you've been using a compressor on the general output. maybe you should reduce the reverb's decay and/or wet amount.

Not really into this sort of sound so much any more, but I'm impressed by your programming and use of synths. Saying that, i don't like the lead synth in Myspace 2, but thought the rest of it was well put together. It needs mastering properly to bring it out a bit - needs some high end EQ (I always seem to be saying this), but yeah, sounded a little muffled to me.....

Onto Myspace 1....er, same again about the lead synth, don't like the cheesyness of this one, beat's a bit boring, NOT into the snare rush bit, generally too loud and again needs mastering properly...er, sorry to say I really don't like this one at all.

Oh well, I'm probably just being weird. Myspace 2's definitely got potential though.....keep working on it dude!

Safe.

Archived