IGNORED

tr-606 rave analord thing

chim

Guest oxiactionmax

i think it's very good in parts, the warm synths are great and the drums sound good too.

3 criticisms:

It's too long for the amount of musical ideas and material, and the sections go unaltered or too long.

The drum patterns need more variation, even just slight fills or something every couple of bars to stop the piece from going a bit... stagnant i suppose.

The bass note on every beat of every bar doesn't work, even one note on every first beat would sound better although a 303 would probably be fitting.

Overall i like it... definitely isn't shit.

Guest Dr Dinsync
i think people should stop imitating analord. its not that good anyway. imitate drukqs

exactly, and they should stop imitating names also

i think people should stop imitating analord. its not that good anyway. imitate drukqs

i think analord is the pinnacle of music

then again, drukqs is too.. i'll consider your request

I like it. Doesn't really sound Analordy to me. Definitely AFXy though. I think you need to try and bring out the beat some more and make it more beefy. Some kind of mastering would probably help. Needs some bass boosting, a tad less mid-range and some hi-end clarification. I really like the AFXy lead, the bass lead is a little annoying yes, could do with some more variation IMO, maybe even just a bit of the old cutoff and resonance tweaking. Good hi-hat programming. Overall though I did like it. Nice. :braindance:

Guest Thisket

Oh my gawd this is good.

A little too directly linked to AFX-sound. It's kinda repetitive here and there, and the end is kind've hard to like. Be careful with microkorg presets. They're too easy to recognize (hint hint - the end).

It has a good vein. I felt like I was thoroughly enjoying it a few times. Just work on the awkward end and maybe a few things, and it'd be pure tits.

(this is one of the few that I'll ever save on my hard drive and listen to again!)

I must just thrive on repetitivity, though.

Archived