IGNORED

My first track

BCM

Just been getting into this for the past couple of days - really good IMO. Very intuitive and lots of fun. Anyway, here's a kind of mellow, deep house-y type thing I did today as my first ever Ableton track.

Whadyoureckon?

bit too repetitive even for 'deep house' if you want to call it that. nice enough like, but a bit flat and unimaginitive with some annoying glitching throughout the first half. Starts to become a real tune at 3:00 and sounds much better from thereon... highlights the over simplicity of the first 2-3 minutes. Sound is a bit flat, you really need to pump things up in Live as the sound engine is pretty rank wank, get some eq and compression on those drums and the bass synth to bring them out of the flatness.

starts pretty bland, ends nice enough.

bit too repetitive even for 'deep house' if you want to call it that. nice enough like, but a bit flat and unimaginitive with some annoying glitching throughout the first half. Starts to become a real tune at 3:00 and sounds much better from thereon... highlights the over simplicity of the first 2-3 minutes. Sound is a bit flat, you really need to pump things up in Live as the sound engine is pretty rank wank, get some eq and compression on those drums and the bass synth to bring them out of the flatness.

starts pretty bland, ends nice enough.

*strokes chin thoughtfully*

Cheers for listening! I know what you mean about having to use some compression......My next one should be a bit better......

Archived