IGNORED

A Live Song I'm Working On

autopilot

i think it would go over really well if you had the percussion hit a broader range of frequencies. the melody evolves beautifully and reminds me of ziggomattic the way it starts to come together and build up. a good epic melody. i would love to hear it if you brought the percussion up in the mix, maybe added some compression to give it more punch, and if it had more bass. like it if had a more intrusive, enveloping feel, especially since it's for a live audience, the percussion would really just get crackin if it infiltrated the ears a little better.

I've played around with EQs so the beat is more bombastic. I also added alot more melodic elements and FX that I can toy around with. Last time I messed with this song, very stoned, I ended up making a half hour version. I think I could have kept going too.

Can't wait to play it live. :D

Guest oxiactionmax

odd comparison but i got major sigur ros vibes of this, not the beats obviously.

i think it would be a wicked set finisher, it's got that 6 in the morning spaced out feel.

Utter sweetness man. (The ziggomatic comparison isn't too apt imo, that song was drastically more dynamic and had a false home note on which it ended, compared to this one consistent bassline). around 7-8 minutes in it's completely beautiful. I completely second what Burger said about percussion. Live, great. For recording though, my only comment would be add something to make that closing 1 minute feel warmer. If I can compare to Ziggomatic, that song was a journey, and there's where yours compares. Don't just fade out, make a destination worthy of this 10 minute adventure.

The flange and bitcrusher completely fuck the signal of the drums, I think more dry/drive could make it more live floor oriented dancable. Otherwise the spaced out feel is what your going for then yeah it works. I can imagine waking up drunk to this on the sofa at 6 in the mornig and being tripped out by it.

Archived