IGNORED

Okay so i'm trying to get back into the game

Guest zelah

i started fucking around and this is the most complete thing i've come up with yet. it doesnt have an ending and it needs a little variation on a part or two. but so far i think its going okay. feedback/suggestions welcome

636.mp3

The oscillator-happy sound is fun. You could make a pretty sweet track with that as a focal point. Not into the other sounds so much, gets kind of chaotic later on when the really gritty mid-heavy bass comes in. Do you mix using headphones? if not, I think that would help quite a bit. A long time ago before I started listening much to electronic music i was making it with fruityloops, and I'd just mix through my computer speakers. As a result, it would always sound good through those particular computer speakers, but not on any other systems and not through headphones. Using good headphones for mixing really helps when it comes to tweaking the individual sounds so that everything has clarity and sounds good in just about any listening environment. That's what i've found anyway. My suggestions would be to keep the oscillator thing doing its thing and experiment more with the other sounds, maybe add compression to the current drums or try different drums. (of course that's just going with my personal preferences and yours may differ.)

Guest Dr. Bunsen Honeydew

sounded good to me until the loud part came in. too mid-freq / loud. would sound better if that bit was more restrained.

Archived