IGNORED

Hello Everything's cd case.

Captain Hideous

Guest Last post by

I fuken hate "green" packaging that gets all dinged up in the first 5 minutes you own the fucking CD.

Back when I had to buy "digipaks" at shops it was even worse, cos you'd get a lovely pre-dog-eared CD cover courtesy of the 50 people who fondled it before you.

Now there's even more reason to give people something durable vs the ephemera of an mp3, and they go and make this recycled hippie shit that's even less durable than the old digipaks. fuck that.

You buy a CD to KEEP, not to throw away, so who cares if it's recycled? Save that shit for your packing slips and shipping boxes, you chumps.

i only bought the cD for the license and to support the artist and cause i didn't want the fLAC bS .. on my credit card .. it was more convenient to buy the cD ... which was 21$AU btw ... quite a good price for a new import cD ...

i can understand your point though and that of other collectors .. poorly constructed cD packaging has allways irked me .. as it would cost them 30c extra or something to use a more sturdy option .. and yet they go for the cheapest ....

in this case though hehe pun .. i think it was an aesthetic choice rather than one of tight margins and contempt for your consumers ... they thought this packaging was cool ...

You all must really man handle your CDs or something. Ive had the greedy baby album for ages now, the case is the same stuff and its still in perfect nick.

I prefer the styrofoam stuff since you dont end up with little splinters of plastic crap floating around in the case if it does get broken. The bastard remnants of the circular mount just damage the CD.

I think the CD jewel case is a really crap design. Its impossible to take out the insert without damaging it, they break all the time, and when they do break you're left with loads of bits of plastic damaging your CD. It far from perfect. Im all for people experimenting with different ways of packaging CDs, hopefully someone will come up with something better than damn jewel cases.

Surely Chosen lords was a much worse case. That really was a piece of cack.

Either way you look at it an argument about packaging is fairly daft, its the same as not liking a christmas present because of the wrapping paper. If it doesnt damage whatever is inside then its doing its job, so why get flustered?

This is gonna be one hell of a first post..

Y'all are a bunch of fags for dissing either the album or its packaging. The album itself is a superb effort and truly worthy of being called Tom's "best" as it's described by Warp.

As for the packaging, I am delighted by it. Jewel cases are the bane of my existence. They crack far too easily and weigh too much. I can't imagine a Hello Everything case coming apart under any conditions a jewel case could withstand. Anyway, the first thing I did after I picked up the album was make an image of it, copy it, and make a FLAC archive of it. Now my original can remain safely at home.

That's a bold philosophy. I think music is to be enjoyed, and it doesn't matter to me whether the 1s and 0s are streaming off a CD, CD-R, or whatever. I've marred too many of my favorite albums packing them around in their original cases to take that chance any again.

You all must really man handle your CDs or something. Ive had the greedy baby album for ages now, the case is the same stuff and its still in perfect nick.

I prefer the styrofoam stuff since you dont end up with little splinters of plastic crap floating around in the case if it does get broken. The bastard remnants of the circular mount just damage the CD.

I think the CD jewel case is a really crap design. Its impossible to take out the insert without damaging it, they break all the time, and when they do break you're left with loads of bits of plastic damaging your CD. It far from perfect. Im all for people experimenting with different ways of packaging CDs, hopefully someone will come up with something better than damn jewel cases.

Surely Chosen lords was a much worse case. That really was a piece of cack.

Either way you look at it an argument about packaging is fairly daft, its the same as not liking a christmas present because of the wrapping paper. If it doesnt damage whatever is inside then its doing its job, so why get flustered?

This is gonna be one hell of a first post..

Y'all are a bunch of fags for dissing either the album or its packaging. The album itself is a superb effort and truly worthy of being called Tom's "best" as it's described by Warp.

As for the packaging, I am delighted by it. Jewel cases are the bane of my existence. They crack far too easily and weigh too much. I can't imagine a Hello Everything case coming apart under any conditions a jewel case could withstand. Anyway, the first thing I did after I picked up the album was make an image of it, copy it, and make a FLAC archive of it. Now my original can remain safely at home.

ok a} crap jewel cases crack easily .. good quality ones don't ... hence my comment about price ... to manufacture ..

b} there is no cD insert with this release to ruin ...

c} it's not his best work ... not even close ... but with so many yes men around it's probably hard for him or anyone at warp to fathom that ... there are some ok tracks ... that seem to derive much of their themes from earlier pieces of his ...

the album is a perfect example of resting on your laurals ... which is ok .. i still bought it eh ... gave the guy another bagel sandwich ... but it doesn't have the rigour seemingly present in some of his other stuff ... i like to hear either well crafted hard work breaks (an example some of that more complex drill and breakcore) .. or easily created but amazing melodies (example some of that acid fashion deal'ee'oee getting around) ... preferably both will be in the same package ... which tom can do when he's on point ...

Guest Last post by

I love many of the tracks on the album, but I prefer it when he makes an effort to give albums a cohesive sound, a la Go Plastic and Ultravisitor.

That's a bold philosophy. I think music is to be enjoyed, and it doesn't matter to me whether the 1s and 0s are streaming off a CD, CD-R, or whatever. I've marred too many of my favorite albums packing them around in their original cases to take that chance any again.

welb. i consider records as items which are to be used not just to be archieved or something.

i like to use things.

Archived