IGNORED

drexciya

Guest nacmat

The new Dopplereffekt is excellent; just liked it from initial hearings. Also the new DJ Stingray on WEME sounds pretty fuckin' tasty. Am gonna get that for someone for their birthday. :shade:

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

i didnt get the "Cherenkov Radiation" ep under the der zyklus alias

I guess I will like it but any of you who listened to it have a review to share?

i didnt get the "Cherenkov Radiation" ep under the der zyklus alias

I guess I will like it but any of you who listened to it have a review to share?

I bought it when it came out. I like it a lot. Very atmospheric. The vinyl is this nice dark violet color too.

• 6 months later...

Yeah, I've been playing what Drexciya I have on CD in the car really loud lately. You notice a lot more subtle effects and atmospheric things when you turn it up a bit. I recently replaced my Neptune's Lair CD that got scratched to hell when I dropped it a few months back and also picked up a CD of the Shifted Phases album, which I haven't heard yet so I am excited.

Does anyone know if the Zerkalo material will ever be collected and released or if it is just a audio/visual project type thing?

Guest Stoppit
and also picked up a CD of the Shifted Phases album, which I haven't heard yet so I am excited.

It's a really good album - I love 'Lonely Journey of The Comet Bopp'

I've got every Stinson/Donald CD there is (to my knowledge)

Now I need to get the vinyl-only releases...

Does anyone know if the Zerkalo material will ever be collected and released or if it is just a audio/visual project type thing?

clone will release an album in may/spring 09

List them out. I have a long way to go. I still need the Abstract Thought album, The Journey Home, The Quest, Opening of the Cerebral Gate, and a good chunk of the vinyl stuff. Have you heard the Clarence G stuff? Is it worth pursuing?

clone will release an album in may/spring 09

Oh nice! Thanks for the head's up.

List them out. I have a long way to go. I still need the Abstract Thought album, The Journey Home, The Quest, Opening of the Cerebral Gate, and a good chunk of the vinyl stuff. Have you heard the Clarence G stuff? Is it worth pursuing?

http://www.discogs.com/artist/James+Stinson

http://www.discogs.com/artist/Gerald+Donald

That Clarence G EP hasn't been repressed since its first pressing, so you're going to have to spend a ridiculous amount of money if you want to own it. It's worth checking out though because it's actually pretty decent. mp3s rips of that ep are out there.

Guest AOOproductions

It seems with all the side projects Drexciya was involved in, there are gonna be projects with the drexciyian "connection" name for years to come. Drexciya is like the Wu-tang for electro.

That Clarence G EP hasn't been repressed since its first pressing, so you're going to have to spend a ridiculous amount of money if you want to own it. It's worth checking out though because it's actually pretty decent. mp3s rips of that ep are out there.

Ah, that's good to know. I haven't been on a filesharing prog/site in awhile. I've been trying to buy releases as much as I can, but I'm also not going to pay ridiculous prices for them either. Some sites through Amazon wanted 50+ dollars for Neptune's Lair, but I found it at Juno for 17. Go figure.

It seems with all the side projects Drexciya was involved in, there are gonna be projects with the drexciyian "connection" name for years to come. Drexciya is like the Wu-tang for electro.

Pretty much. From what I have read, Stinson worked pretty tirelessly on music so I'm hoping that some unreleased material will get pressed up at some point in the future. Maybe a label can get Mr. Donald to go through the material and put together something. I dunno, maybe he would be offended by that notion.

Ah, that's good to know. I haven't been on a filesharing prog/site in awhile. I've been trying to buy releases as much as I can, but I'm also not going to pay ridiculous prices for them either. Some sites through Amazon wanted 50+ dollars for Neptune's Lair, but I found it at Juno for 17. Go figure.

Pretty much. From what I have read, Stinson worked pretty tirelessly on music so I'm hoping that some unreleased material will get pressed up at some point in the future. Maybe a label can get Mr. Donald to go through the material and put together something. I dunno, maybe he would be offended by that notion.

Yea, juno rocks, but it always blows when you have to spend like $30 for shipping :kiss: . I bought abstract thought 2xlp from them a couple months ago.

I'm also surprised that none of stinson's unreleased material has been released yet. He had like 7 kids, so you'd figure that his wife might want to put some of that material out.

Yea, juno rocks, but it always blows when you have to spend like $30 for shipping :kiss: . I bought abstract thought 2xlp from them a couple months ago.

I'm also surprised that none of stinson's unreleased material has been released yet. He had like 7 kids, so you'd figure that his wife might want to put some of that material out.

Juno does apparently rock. I had never used them before. I got Neptune's Lair and the Shifted Phases album (both CD) for 38 bucks (including shipping). I'm sure shipping vinyl is more expensive though.

If his family is that big, and they live in Detroit or Georgia (which is where I think he moved before he died) then I'm sure they could use the money. Maybe Mad Mike is cooking something up. I know how they like their secrets, so we probably won't hear anything about it until it is released.

ridiculous amount as in £5000... i actually read some dubious statistic that it's the most expensive techno 12: ever. so don't feel bad about getting mp3s. or waiting to see if they reissue it like the glass domain 12".

Jesus, that is only a little bit excessive of a price. I'm guessing they will reissue it at some point. In the meantime I have plenty of other Drexciyan related projects to explore. Thanks for the information.

Archived