IGNORED

iz it wurth

delet...

.. i need some half decent way of getting my guitar and singing into my computer .. and have pissed about for ages not really buying what i really need to effectively lay down tracks from live external audio sources ...

will an MBOX be my sviour .. or am i kidding myself .. apparently it's USB .. so whats the latency like ... hrmm :dizzy:

well i went all the way back through page four and couldn't find what you were on about mate ... i'll just check net reviews like i was doing anyway ...

-heads back to general banter-

Go to this'un instead:

http://forum.watmm.com/index.php?showtopic=14332

The Edirol UA-25 I suggested has support for both two inputs simultaneously (the second input is made especially for guitars with high impedance), plus you can monitor them directly via the Direct Monitoring facility for zero latency. With the non-Direct Monitoring turned on you still get latency right down to about 3-5ms without any dropouts.

deleet do not get an original mbox. unless you use it with PT itself, the drivers are wack. i believe the mbox2 is better in this respect, but it's more expensive and you could probably get a better interface for that money if you don't need / want pro tools.

I'm yet to get the Edirol thingy but with ASIO4ALL I've managed to get my old skool Soundblaster Extigy down to about 4ms latency sans any clicks or glitches which is pretty nice indeed. And that's only USB1 so there really aint a problem with USB devices if you use the right drivers.

Guest feta lol
deleet do not get an original mbox. unless you use it with PT itself, the drivers are wack. i believe the mbox2 is better in this respect, but it's more expensive and you could probably get a better interface for that money if you don't need / want pro tools.

im not sure that i agree with this statement. mbox2 has the midi that mbox lacks but the drivers are good on the mbox1. also we received a whopping 5 to 1 returns on mbxo2 to mbox1s with just stupid shit going wrong. also if you buy that shit you sort of limit yourself with the programs that you can use for recording/ mixing etc... im not a big fan of thsoe mboxs

my opinion is dont buy anything usb.

this should also be noted as it is basically the word of god.

Archived