IGNORED

"Serious" amen break advise

Josso

Ok so for ages now I've always sampled a 4 bar loop or something and just manipulated it by moving bits of waveform into different places "live" and putting random filters over it but... sequencing seems a tricky job in this case (I heard from somewhere it's near impossible?). What's the best method to get the best results (mostly for variation I was thinking, like some amen break that is always changing and only loops after about 1 minute).

Please excuse the noobness but I don't deal with the classic amen's very often.

:ok:

Yeah, er, put the break in some wave mainpulation software (Sound Forge, Cool Edit, Goldwave etc) and cut it up into it's component parts. So you will have a bass kick, a snare hit, a cymbal crash etc until you get the whole break in little bits. Then save each little bit as a seperate wav and just program them into any sequencer you like, like you would with any other drum samples. Traditionally, to get that Soundmurderer type sound Trackers (Renoise, ModPlug, Fast Tracker etc) are used, but you could do it in FLoops or Cubase or Ableton or anything. Just a question of having all the different parts of the break and arranging them in an interesting fashion.

Archived