IGNORED

RDJ wiki discog

kaini

dude, when you start an article you got to see it all the way through, thats the way it goes

if everyone adopted that attitude wiki wouldn't be half as big (or, granted, full of useless crap) as it is, lolz. anyway it was late and i was knackered.

added an image and tracklisting.

someone check if tdr did the cover, they prolly did.

i've ajouted (completed) 'the braindance of concidence' (2001) & the catalogue number of universal indicator! :wink:

nice stuff on the wire tapper article, reckon i can help you on the tracklisting of a couple of those.

Guest AlexPallas

all tracklistings are on discogs.com, slowly adding them in, yeah help wanted, i get tired of creating GIANT articles by myself. if something i want to know isn't on wikipedia i usually end up tracking down the info and adding it in, call me a patron in the GNU generation.

a lot of the stuff i do is similar... small stuff :D

the wikiculture wikiterm for wikipeople who do that sort of thing is wikignomes. but that makes me wiki-fucking-puke.

i made an english-language braindance coincidence article using the templates from WARP... lots of red linked rephlex artists now :)

made a rephlexions one too. those three compilations just made about 25 red links between em, lolz

someone doing a gentle people article would be a good start actually.

yo

Universal Indicator 5 wasnt released on rephlex, it was released on Beta Bodega

Nor was it by Richard...

yeah i know, its still a rather good UI ep no matter what anyones says..

UV doesnt really fit in, it cheated by using a newer sound, not olde school

it was recorded before the green and red indicators (93-95) where as UV was recorded around 1990-92 but wasnt released untill 2001

mike dredd - "The tracks on the blue and the red were composed deliberately to exploit lofi sonic charcteristics and analogue signal processing of synths and drum machines thru audio inputs of certain other analogue synths. You have to remember that these were made at a time when there was nothing else around to resemble that style and that they defined a whole genre of faster acid and techno music with deliberate use of distortion - Notably on the drums as well as the B-Lines. At the time everything was 120 -128bpm and these were rocking out at 150bpm. Of course they sound rough and dare I say dated - but that's because so many producers took the formula and refined it later on. Without these benchmark recordings a whole scene might never have happened and that is why they are cherised and traded for silly prices. I played these recordings at a party in London, November 2005 and they tore up the dancefloor so that's not bad for a bit of blue and red grunge is it - that are probably almost as old as alot of people writing about them... MD"

• 4 weeks later...

Archived