IGNORED

BPM WARZ!

Guest TooMuchLush

Guest TooMuchLush

I saw a friend do a show at mellow house party, where he was running ableton live. He was ripping it up, doing pretty basic shit with the lappy. I was totally inspired, and decided we should do a laptop battle set. Usually, I put a rediculous amount of time and thought into computer based compositions and spend too much time programming and what not. With putting a wicked hot dance party on in mind, I've coined the idea of a.... BPM WAR!!!: Designate a said tempo, and produce some great dance tracks (beats and bass weight in mind) to that said tempo. I've sent my mate the BPM's i have in mind (via text message), and we'll work on our tracks separately. When we both have a few solid tunes (worthy to be feverishly danced to by our peers), were gonna set up the lappy's back to back (battle ship stylee) and duke it out heavy, his tune followed by mine (or vice versa)! As the tempos rise after every paired song, the battle wages on and the dance becomes further heated!!!

Nice,

~Chet

Guest Dr. Elemeno von Hat X: PhD

sounds like it'd sure as hell beat the loudness wars you usually wind up having when playing with friends

Guest Dr. Elemeno von Hat X: PhD

that tends to stop when everyone brings some of their own gear.

though, one time, completely smashed, i plowed through a wall of cables and almost broke many things. almost. all that broke in the end was a 1/8" to 1/4" adapter, which snapped in half.

Archived