IGNORED

stilton cheese

Fred McGriff

lol @ jswift in this thread... beno (care bear) had gotten hold of his account. good times.

anyway i'm bumping this because i have some blue cheese right now, it's some really strong ass gorgonzola, "gorgonzola picante" it is called (not to be confused with some fucked up mexican hybrid mind you, the picante is "naturale" and it's kind like the stronger older brother of dolcelatte) ... very fucking tasty, a bit creamy as well. just really good strong cheese.

what is something good to do with this blue cheese? i dont much feel like eating it straight up, as i did this yesterday i want to do something fun with it. any suggestions?

thanks one million,

nice time

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

gorgonzola piccante is excellent but very salty. i like it on toast with good beer to drink... the cheese is 'ard enough to cut big flakey slices

something nice to do is to cook fresh spaghetti, fry bacon, button mushrooms and onions in good olive oil with some white wine and double cream added later and a hefty dose of roughly cracked black pepper, and crumble a hefty fuck of gorgonzola in to the sauce just before serving

mushrooms and blue cheese is such a lush combination

i make pretty much that spaghetti carbonara but with mascarpone instead of cream, usually no onions--just loads of garlic, and an egg

Guest dildo
i make pretty much that spaghetti carbonara but with mascarpone instead of cream, usually no onions--just loads of garlic, and an egg

and all this should be a "carbonara"?

and all this should be a "carbonara"?

what?

are you just saying you don't know what carbonara is, or..?

well, here's the wiki text for carbonara

Carbonara

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

Spaghetti alla carbonara

Spaghetti alla carbonara

Pasta alla carbonara (usually spaghetti, but occasionally linguine or bucatini) is an Italian pasta dish based on eggs, parmigiano, pancetta or guanciale, and black pepper. It is a relatively recently invented dish.[1]

Recipes vary. All agree that cheese (parmesan, pecorino, or a combination), egg yolks (or whole eggs), and cured fatty pork (guanciale usually preferred to pancetta) are basic. Onion is common. The pork is fried in fat (olive oil or lard); a mixture of eggs, cheese, and butter or olive oil is combined with the hot pasta, cooking the eggs; the pork is then added to the pasta.[2][3][4] Guanciale is the most usual meat, but pancetta is also used.[5][6] Cream is not used in most Italian recipes, but is used frequently in the United States.[7][8]

As with most Italian pasta dishes, there is relatively little sauce: the eggs and cheese need only form a coating on the noodles, with pieces of pancetta scattered among them.[citation needed]

Some American recipes add salt, pepper (white or black), and/or garlic to taste; with peas added for color.[8] Yet another American version includes mushrooms. Most of these preparations have more sauce than the Italian versions, and have more in common with a cream sauce such as that incorporated into Fettuccine Alfredo.

In all versions of the recipe, the eggs are added to the sauce raw, and cook with the heat of the pasta itself.

Guest zaphod
lol @ jswift in this thread... beno (care bear) had gotten hold of his account. good times.

anyway i'm bumping this because i have some blue cheese right now, it's some really strong ass gorgonzola, "gorgonzola picante" it is called (not to be confused with some fucked up mexican hybrid mind you, the picante is "naturale" and it's kind like the stronger older brother of dolcelatte) ... very fucking tasty, a bit creamy as well. just really good strong cheese.

what is something good to do with this blue cheese? i dont much feel like eating it straight up, as i did this yesterday i want to do something fun with it. any suggestions?

thanks one million,

nice time

actually that was me lol, good times

i put blue cheese on a salad sometimes

thanks one million,

nice time

actually that was me lol, good times

aha! i assumed it was you

and i wasn't going on watmm during those times

i know my internets

Guest Babar
Actually, the best cheese is Gruyere. Fuck stilton.

LOL

oubourgines

probably the hardest word in the english language to spell. and one of only 2 vegetables that i dont like.

AHahaha that's a french word : hurrraaaa

You really need an AUBERGINE for the french ratatouille leoeloeleoeleolo

I discovered a really good cheese those last days : the MONT D'OR

mont-dor.jpg

Really similar to st nectair about taste, it's a highly creamy cheese, with strong personnality. The ring of spruce bark around it provides a wooded flavor and a summery taste of seared straws. Seasonal cheese, Tasting it is like kissing the whole french countryside.

:ok:

i like them both a lot. i wouldn't say one is better than the other, and they're so different.

but it sounds like you have the facts.

Guest zaphod

what, all that made up stuff i posted?

yeah i guess you can't compare the two. i'm going to go buy some gruyere tonight. i'm gonna eat a wedge of it.

no, not the made up stuff.

you said "but it is better than stilton." rather than "but i prefer gruyere.", so that's why i assumed you know cheese quality facts

man, i've only got french cheese in the fridge. munster and fourme dambert..... actually, i'd be curious to know if french peeps think those cheeses are any good??

Guest The Worm

Stilton is clearly the king of cheeses. Or that one that's like layers of stilton and wensleydale...

However a nice aged gorgonzola is pretty close to stilton, and costs like 1/8th as much around these parts.

i ended up getting a small chevre, some gorgonzola piccante, and a nice sharp cheddar

also some good salami and some excellent polish sourdough bread

ftw

Guest Ultravisitor
for the record, stilton is fucking good ass cheese. the best cheese. just for the record.

yes! although, i find that sometimes its not strong enough, and weak stilton isn't that great, so i go with gorgonzola, mmmmmmmmmmmcheesemmmmm

Archived