IGNORED

Glitchy Bitch

Dale

This would definitely work live, but I would never listen to this walking about at home. When I heard the intro I was thinking: "Yeah, this is gonna work. Can't wait for the whole thing to explode into something more consistent", but after 1½ minut I was still waiting for the main theme to pop in, but it just didn't. I'm listening to this through Quicktime in a browser so I don't know when exactly the awesome break pops in, but there's a break that has some awesome distorted kicks and basslines, which only lasts for 20-30 secs, which is probably my favorite part of the entire track, since all the layers seem to work together, whereas some of the drum sequences later on seem rather random from time to time - especially the enveloped cymbal and clave hit.

Create a main theme with great melodies that you will get stuck in your head after you stop working on it for the first time. If it gets stuck in your head, then you know you're on the right track, because the melody in this tune is just a bit too random for me to remember the melody. I mean I can remember parts of it and I can remember the 8-bit tones and hits, but except from that I'm a bit lost.

Maybe you should try and slow things down, because it gets waaaay to hectic for my taste.

Archived