IGNORED

DUBSTEP::::::::::

Atop

Guest analogue wings
I like his solo stuff, hate his production for Grime MC's.

:undecided:

half the virus syndicate album is tracks he released previously as instrumentals tho

i've been getting really into the Geoim album Island Noise recently. Its production leaves a lot to be desired but the composition and melodic structure far exceeds most dubstep Lps out (not some minimalist wobbly bullshit the whole time).

here is one pretty good very melodic track-

http://www.bleep.com/player.php?track=BRKCD001_DM-02

Nat /we kill soapscum recommended Cardopusher's newest ep on Terminal dusk and itsquite excellent, i like how its a glitchy take on dubstep but totally different from boxcutter

my favorite dubstep track at the moment cardopusher = http://www.bleep.com/player.php?track=TD007_DM-03

sorry if both of these were jazzbands in this thread.

best dubstep at the moment besides the Ariel album

ive also been getting into this glitchy dub producer named Disrupt who seems to take more from classic dub like lee perry than the overshadowing dub electronic scene (monolake, dead beat, etc)

Edited by Awepittance

but times are simpler and so are minds, so the 4 on the floor must come back....

do you forget that a lot of classic dub and reggae music also uses the 4 on the floor beat as well? Not to say that the Ariel album isnt techno influenced but i think that the 4 on the floor sound as evokes a dub beat as well as a techno one in a certain context

for kaini.......

Lasering Wonky Bass Ballz!

Starkey destructified this track but I love it.....

lol, he stomps all over the original

i like the 80s ryuichi sakamoto pads in the beginning and at 3:20 as much as the bass (which has sorta stopped being bass really, lol)

Guest Soothsayer

Gotta say, I liked the Rustie remix *way* more, the Sukh Knight one, too...

There is something about Starkey that really puts me the wrong way, I've never liked a thing I've heard of his.

i kinda know why people are giving out about losing the shuffle.

the shuffle was one of the things that made me listen to this. i remember telling my mate about this new album by a chap called burial that 'had beats that made me walk funny on phones. no, not funny like autechre beats do. different' what seems like a long time ago

i guess the shuffle comes from garage more than anything else, and i love it, but i can also see why some producers have grown a bit weary of exploring the possibilities of a delayed snare on the 2 and 4 or whatever...

there was a benga track in silly time sigs that skream was dropping for a while in sets which i thought kinda stretched it to its natural conclusion, which i have mentioned loadsa times. at this stage will probably never see the light of day :(

Guest Soothsayer

It's not that I don't like stuff without a Garage/2-step type shuffle, it's just Starkey and all Trouble and Bass stuff. It sounds like shit to me, to be frank.

Guest Soothsayer

In response to that post, however, I find it pretty interesting, myself. I have a theory about it, people really don't want to admit or just flat out don't like something which may, apparently, have little to no feminine side. I really don't mean to be sarcastic when I say that, because I've noticed how often people associate their distaste for the more wobbly/mid-range aggressive stuff because of some vision of absolute machismo or something.

edit: And holy shit, Silkie's "Jazz Dubstep".... :o This is as good as it gets

Edited by Soothsayer

new burial about apparently:

Commix - Be True (Burial Remix) (Metalheadz, 2008)

no linkage as yet

as for me, i fell in love with/at a girl at joanna newsom and i like to cuddle aftar. feminine side ok

i dunno why bass is considered masculine anyway

i think clouds have a nice, slightly mental feminine edge

can''t say i'm a big fan of that reminissin trk

cos i'm not

i hate anything even remotely house diva-esque

although np: V by distance. it's metal, lol

Edited by kaini

the Geiom is some of my favorite music period at the moment....

His basslines are fucking amazing and simple.....

and I am not a big fan of Starkey's either but I like some of what he has done and his remix of spliff dub is an example of going way too far with the bass, which rusko and caspa are the kings of and that annoys the shit out of me....

Sukh Knight's remix is more like an hommage to the tracks just emphasizing the bassline more than Zomby already did....which I think is cool as fuck! Rusties' remix is just one of a kind........and fucking amazing!

just listened to Claro Intelecto first lp 'Neurofibro', not the first time, and reminded me of 2562 but more minimal and better imo......not enough bass to be anywhere dub but for 4/4 shit, it's my favourite...

Guest nene multiple assgasms
can''t say i'm a big fan of that reminissin trk

cos i'm not

i hate anything even remotely house diva-esque

although np: V by distance. it's metal, lol

I love geiom - reminissin' and pinch - get up. house diva vocals are great when done well.

Guest Soothsayer

Alrighty folks, I stopped my fun skipping work to dj all day romp, JUST to come in here and be the first one to drop this name on you dubstep fans, get ready for this one folks(love it or hate it)...

The Entity

What I always kinda pictured in my head happening to dubstep, just happened...dubstep has really met metal. Frankly, I don't dislike this nearly as much as I thought I might, however I'm still trying to accept the absolute lack of harmony for what, frankly, sounds pretty cool.

edit: Who am I kidding, this is fucking AWESOME!!!! If I ever hear the name Mindless Self Indulgance, ever again, I'm just screaming "The Entity" at them

edit again: The track "Wrong Lies" is one of the first time I've ever really *liked*(keyword: liked, used in place of tolerate) death metal singing.

Edited by Soothsayer

Alrighty folks, I stopped my fun skipping work to dj all day romp, JUST to come in here and be the first one to drop this name on you dubstep fans, get ready for this one folks(love it or hate it)...

The Entity

What I always kinda pictured in my head happening to dubstep, just happened...dubstep has really met metal.

you mean its made full circle back to scorn's few discs of dub/metal stuff? (*ducks)

just kidding ill check this out sounds interesting

Edited by Awepittance

Guest we_kill_soapscum

The Entity

What I always kinda pictured in my head happening to dubstep, just happened...dubstep has really met metal.

you mean its made full circle back to scorn's few discs of dub/metal stuff? (*ducks)

just kidding ill check this out sounds interesting

poor scorn. none of the american steppdub fans i talk to know who he is, minus the ones that came over from 90s industrial / dub techno