IGNORED

Bouncey little track

It kind of reminds me of Mike & Rich, the warbling out of tune chords are Microsoft Excel (no kidding, additive synthesizer written entirely in VBScript hosted in MS Excel), drums are Univox 12 samples, and the bass is a combo of the Nord Modular and Synthesizers.com modular. Just goofing around waiting for Spring to arrive.

Bouncey

Lovely chords. This is quite nice bro. Mmm there are a number of elements that could be improved upon. After the 1st min it get's a little dull to be honest and looses it. I think you shouldn't have stripped it all the way down to just the bassline and beats. I'd go back to this track and develop it and rework it because it has masses of potential. Wasn't too keen on the slightly off keyness of those high pitches notes and yes it does sound similar to Mike/Rich & Jake Slazenger too. In fact if you send me the chords and bassline and other elements I'll work on a remix or better still could you send us midi files for all the parts. This tune has lots of potential but I'd say it was only 3/5 of the way there.

EDIT: Okay maybe my assesment was a bit hard 'cause I'm finding this supa lush on the 2nd listen but still feel there are things you could do to make it even better such as more layers/climax/breakdown etc.

Guest tht! tne

i really like the melody but i would use

a different drum kit you know the sound

beak gets out of his drumbs id go for some

thing similar to that: thicker and glitchier.

Wow thanks guys, I appreciate the positive feedback!

I can send you the .RNS file, might be able to port it out to MIDI data, never tried that from Renoise so I don't know if it can do so.

I totally agree it could be developed more, I was just playing around with samples I had taken from fiddling with the Microsoft Excel synthesizer and came up with it. The "instrument" for the chords is just a .1 second sample of that MS Excel synth looped pingpong with a quick pitch envelope on it, giving it that out of tune feeling. It was a bitch to record too because its cold as shit in my apartment, so as I had the heat on in my studio, the synthesizers.com oscillator would change tune ever so slightly, and it doesn't have a fine tune knob. Couple that with trying to be "in tune" with the warbling pitch.....

Anyhow thanks for the listens, I should develop it a bit more, you're right Promo

EDIT: I like the bare sound of 80's drum machines, sorry. I like Fred's glitches, but they're Fred's glitches.

Ok I can post it up today, the RNS file there has the note data for it, just not the sound itself. Since there's alot of cutoff and reso tweaking in it, I didn't think it'd be that worthwhile of a 25 meg download. It's a pretty simple sound, 3 detuned sqaure waves (one slightly off square pulse), and one sawtooth, run through 3 12db lp filts in parallel (to acheive a 6db rolloff).

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Mrs Jynx

Good Chords to begin with I like the sound and the bassline - v nice. Was wondering a bit where it would go from here on but...then - 1.10 the bassline - brilliant - filthy and the track sort of seems to take on a new pace.

Not sure that the 'silence' just before 1.10 is a little too long though - its a full bar - maybe you could have it as 1 or 2 beats of silence so when the bassline comes back in it throws the listener off course a bit - just a suggestion.

Love from 1.10 on until the end - you should make this section longer!

Good Chords to begin with I like the sound and the bassline - v nice. Was wondering a bit where it would go from here on but...then - 1.10 the bassline - brilliant - filthy and the track sort of seems to take on a new pace.

Not sure that the 'silence' just before 1.10 is a little too long though - its a full bar - maybe you could have it as 1 or 2 beats of silence so when the bassline comes back in it throws the listener off course a bit - just a suggestion.

Love from 1.10 on until the end - you should make this section longer!

Thanks for the kind words!

I was aiming for the silence bit to sort of throw things off a bit (kind of how the wobbly pitch does) :)

I was going to revisit this the other day and try to flesh it out more but then the rest of my modular came in and threw my studio all in a tizzy. Did anyone end up grabbing the RNS file and rework on their own?

Archived