IGNORED

Tone Squawk EP

BCM

Guest ۞ Syntheme ۞

fumer: good stuff boyo, nice chillout without being too mawkish like a lot of the genre

like the cosmic vibe you have in there!

rotate: strange and edgey, spikey yet groovy!

oily misty mont: nice sound, too much "window licky" type editing for my personal taste, the groove doesn't get much of a chance to flow.

crashtime: nice groove going on.

not so much into retinax 5. the bass line. i dunno really.

over and out!

only heard retinax 5 so far, and as much as i like this track / style, i can' t help but thinking that i personally wouldn't be comfortable with making this myself as it sounds too much and too intentionally like 92/3 era aphex twin for it to stand up to criticism in its own right.

dont get me wrong - its probably my favourite electronic music ever (92/3 era afx) but its such a distinct and idiosyncratic sound that anything too similar feels like a homage at best or a rip off at worst (imo)

all that said - i do like it for exactly the same reasons i gave above

downloading ep now

btw...the retinax 5 mp3 is id tagged as syntax 5

syntax 5

wankstand. oh well..... it's got TWO names... :undecided:

cheers all - glad you enjoyed for the most parts - some of it is intentionally pretty AFX yes, but hey ho, if you gotta rip someone off, may as well the the master....

the ripperofferer.

anyway, will have more musics coming out on OCEA at some point (there's talk of a CD...) and also have a couple of WATMM exclusive tracks coming this week....

cheers for listening my lovely internet chums!

Archived