IGNORED

William Basinski - El Camino Real

triachus

Ooh cool, looking forward to it. I think The River has to be my favourite of Mr. Basinski's releases, its certainly the most visual. For some reason I visualise looking out of an apartment window in some really rough part of town at night, with it raining pretty hard, down at the road with cars occasionally going past and the only lighting is quite bright street lights down the road. I have no idea why though :laughing:

Guest Moodgadget
i agree about the loops... "i've found another discarded loop from 1983!"... he must just find them down the sides of the couch or something.

OMGLOL!!

Guest philia

just received the shortwavemusic reissue. it's amazing. if you liked the river, you'll love it.

btw overall my fave basinski releases = the disintegration loops series. d|p3 gets to me every time. 'variations; a movement in chrome primitive' is my other fave. 'river' is also great... i really like all his releases tbh. :embrassed:

• 3 months later...
Guest philia

just got it today.

yeah...pretty much perfect in my opinion. A+ 5/5. really awesome.

btw, got it signed :shade:

Should be arriving in the post in a few days. I really cannae wait for this one, the samples sound like it could be my favourite release by him yet.

i think basically it's like the first time he tried to do something beautiful ... or the first time he's edited the loops that way, at least. like he's not trying for decay and memory and loss and darkness which happens to be beautiful in an ancillary way, but something just simply beautiful. like 'lichen' or something

Archived