IGNORED

new track

chim

yeah, it's not bad - i found the digitized voice a little annoying after a while, but i like the general arrangement and feel. Nicely produced with some wicked sequences and good use of different sounds. It's pretty aphex-y in a way and then tech house in another, which i guess is what you were aiming for so that's good. the main lead/bass type sound gets cut out by the bass kick (not sure of this is intentional), but i also found that a little distracting and think that could be changed slightly so it doesn't fall on the kicks if you know what i mean.

anyway - good tune for the most part!

Guest tht! tne

nice counterpoint between the plucks

and the squarewave. i like how the trk

progresses through several phases of

different styles. each individual melody

may distract from that by having a bit

too much airtime. you know how in a

disc like drukqs you rarely get a breath

in because theres so much going on?

thats when melodies become hooks and

do that kind of magic to the listener be

cause each one stands out on its own.

without being repeated. although what

did repeat in this track worked to achieve

a sortof underground trainy feel like the

best of underworld or maybe the orb.

thanks for the proper comments guys, much appreciated!

th!tine: yeah the repeating melodies are there because i'm pretty much too lazy to do proper alterations. it wasn't too much of a serious attempt. i like that you used the term train underground because that's sort of what i was picturing myself! yeah i dig the counterpoint thing, sort of a happy accident, something i didn't consciously planned until i noticed it sounded good in the first bar or so and elaborated on it.

BCM the whole thing going on with the kick later on was sort of the whole tech house aspect of it with "pump" sidechaining and all that, i'm quite a fan of that sound!

Archived