IGNORED

does anybody have any Errol Morris

Guest Franklin

• 1 year later...
Guest Hanratty
isnt he great?!!

yes he is! how come nobody replied to this. I am waiting for the First Person series to arrive from netflix. have you seen it?

i love errol morris. 'gates of heaven', 'the thin blue line' (philip glass' score is extremely moving) 'a brief history of time', 'mr death', 'the fog of war' and 'standard operating procedure' are all classics. a truly innovative and amazing filmmaker. ive been meaning to watch 'vernon, florida' for ages.

ive seen a couple episodes of the first person series and liked it...

i love the concept behind his "interrotron"

The Interrotron is a device similar to a teleprompter: Errol and his subject each sit facing a camera. The image of each person's face is then projected onto the lens of the other's camera. Instead of looking at a blank lens, then, both Morris and his subject are looking directly at a human face. (Diagram) Morris believes that the machine encourages monologue in the interview process, while also encouraging the interviewees to "express themselves to camera".[2]

The name "Interrotron" was coined by Morris's wife, who, according to Morris, "liked the name because it combined two important concepts — terror and interview."[3]

heres a great doc on morris

Guest Hanratty

this was good, from First Person

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Guest Franklin

:beer:

beers for errol morris even though i dont want to talk about him anymore

beers for ZBZ b/c he takes what he wants

beers for theo b/c he's lost in his own house

beers for my other threads that we all ignored for years

beers all around

beers all around

i liked the first person series. here's part 1 of the interview with the 'world's smartest man' who works as a bouncer...

yeah you do get angry while watching it

the first person episode with the guy from the 'most evil' show (i think his names dr. michael stone) was great. morris really gets inside his head and the results are pretty funny..

Archived