IGNORED

Hi. I'm New.

Guest Forcefields

Guest Forcefields

There are some really talented people here... I'm looking forward to checking out all your tunes.

Here's one I just finished.

Battle Plan

Please listen whilst having sex. Thank you.

really dug it until the vocals came in...sorry but vox either make or break a song for me, and i didn't like these at all. music has alot of promise though. cheers!

This is incredibly well produced. I kind of agree with others though. The verses aren't as bad, but the Chorus all of a sudden moves it into complete cheeseball territory. I had actually been feeling a very 80's Depeche Mode/Joy Division/New Order sort of vibe until then. A vocoder would be an interesting idea, Im sure you could sell this for a movie though.

Guest yan_g

yes production is good and i like the sounds but the definitely didn't like the chord sequence and yes the chorus is (imo) terrible. not original enough for my tastes. could succeed commercially tho.

Guest Forcefields

Thanks for the replies/constructive criticism, guys. That's what I'm looking for. Aside from possibly doing a vocoder thing with the vocals, is it the vocal line that just isn't working, the tone of the voice, or what? I'm totally willing to go rework some stuff and could use some more specific suggestions. I wrote and recorded the thing in a day, whereas I typically take weeks to record a track. I'm having a hard time getting perspective on this one...

Thanks again!

Thanks for the replies/constructive criticism, guys. That's what I'm looking for. Aside from possibly doing a vocoder thing with the vocals, is it the vocal line that just isn't working, the tone of the voice, or what? I'm totally willing to go rework some stuff and could use some more specific suggestions. I wrote and recorded the thing in a day, whereas I typically take weeks to record a track. I'm having a hard time getting perspective on this one...

Thanks again!

i think the vocals are very "light" and untouched. they don't add depth the the song, and somewhat make any synth textures seem way too pop-ish. (pop-y?). i think the vocals don't sound half bad when the frequencies are melding together nicely with the synths, when the synths are loud and almost overshadowing the vocals... to be honest, i think its just the lack of baritone in the voice... which isn't a bad thing, just that the vocal sequencing would need to change (or a vocoder used) in order to make those vocals work.

its strange, because otherwise, the entire song sounds good... but i cannot point out anything specific about the song... which leads me to believe you could add some more dymanics to it as well...

incredible production skills....

Guest yan_g

Thanks again!

as far as i'm concerned i think it's mainly a matter of taste...

Archived