IGNORED

wAgAwAgA - Pheminex

Guest splagawaga

Guest splagawaga

This is a recently 'finished' track and the first track for a long time that ive spent time on every beat and bar tweaking and pulling around. im now just looking at the last stages, the mix particularly. it sounds great out of my system, and pretty similar through my car piece of shit stereo. But i may have missed something obvious.

Im interested in any feedback, so let me know what u guys think.

http://www.samosborn.com/downloads/pheminex.mp3

(i havent bothered with much panning yet ;)

Guest splagawaga
Awesome! I don't wanna to give no critique, I wanna know how to swing like that! YOU!

haha

thanks, i think?

just move all the ghost hits on by 1/64th. tada!

Guest splagawaga
Why are you not selling cds?

lazyness predominantly. plus i havent sent any demos as yet. This is probly gonna be track 1 on my demo, but i was put off by people suggesting sample based tracks wouldnt be so well received.

ill post the other tracks up at somepoint. feedmyback

Just move the ghosts.

You make it sound so easy.

that was a snappy reponse :)

i replied went and got a coffee, come back and ur already back on it. moving the ghosts just gives it a slightly swing. the same as a preset swing quantise would except u dont have to highlight everything and press a button u just do it as u go.

Guest splagawaga
I've listened to this a few times now and i love it. I have nothing to crit. Great job.

thanks alot. ive listened to it quite a few times over myself :)

Guest splagawaga
I like this but i wish that the bd was longer, like i it was kind of a big distorted sub hit or something.

i think i know what u mean, you're refering to the main kick which is throughout the track yes?

i may have a play around and add in some different ones. something more bassy perhaps?

thanks for the feedback.

I like this but i wish that the bd was longer, like i it was kind of a big distorted sub hit or something.

i think i know what u mean, you're refering to the main kick which is throughout the track yes?

i may have a play around and add in some different ones. something more bassy perhaps?

thanks for the feedback.

yea, make it crunchy

Guest Wrong Answer
moving the ghosts just gives it a slightly swing. the same as a preset swing quantise would except u dont have to highlight everything and press a button u just do it as u go.

I am familiar with these concepts, I just think you're doing something special because it sounds so good. Do you have experience with traditional drumming techniques which feed into your beat programming? Sorry, it feels like I am harassing you.

I also enjoy the radio interview over the top. Who is that eloquently inebriated and scandalously loose-mouthed old gentleman?

Guest splagawaga
moving the ghosts just gives it a slightly swing. the same as a preset swing quantise would except u dont have to highlight everything and press a button u just do it as u go.

I am familiar with these concepts, I just think you're doing something special because it sounds so good. Do you have experience with traditional drumming techniques which feed into your beat programming? Sorry, it feels like I am harassing you.

I also enjoy the radio interview over the top. Who is that eloquently inebriated and scandalously loose-mouthed old gentleman?

I couldnt tell u who the interview is with ;) ull just have to work it out.

I play drums, ive been teaching myself for, i think, about 2 years. maybe more. but i cant drum anywhere near the stuff i can program, sadly. my right foot and right hand are permanently connected which is frustrating to say the least. although its nice to drum along to the midi track.

i think the thing that made the difference to the beat on this track compared with things ive done in the past was the fact that i basically made a crude beat. then as i added the vocal i started to mimic the phrasing of the words with the drums, having done a couple of nice tie-ins it seemed worthwhile to do the rest. so its predominantly vocal rhythmns i suppose.

enough waffle anyway.

Guest splagawaga
EDIT:

Seriously! Fuck! Release this shit already!

thanks alot! i appreciate the positive reponses. i was growing unsure about this track. i gorged a little to much on it in the first few days of writing and havent really listened much since. most of my friends i played it to seemed fairly non-plus about it. so i had some doubts.

anyway, thanks.

Great stuff. I don't think you need to change anything. I look forward to hearing more. :beer:

cheers m8, Ive got a lot of older tracks to upload as and when but i dont wanna just spam this board senseless with loads of tracks. so ill put another similar one up in the next few days.

check back :P

Guest Promo

Yeah the drums are sick. This is sort of like Luke Vibert but with slighty more skilled drums. Yeah could be a grower. No offence but musically this sounds more like a filler than a lead track. Yeah this is a keeper that said apart from the obvious skill there isn't too much here to really getting me moving. Very impressive though.

Guest splagawaga
Yeah the drums are sick. This is sort of like Luke Vibert but with slighty more skilled drums. Yeah could be a grower. No offence but musically this sounds more like a filler than a lead track. Yeah this is a keeper that said apart from the obvious skill there isn't too much here to really getting me moving. Very impressive though.

thanks for the feedback, by filler track do u mean in general on or a demo particularly? im still pondering the track order atm. mr diff reckoned i shouldnt put it first aswell. but i feel this is my stronest track at the moment. although u always tend to favour the newer ones. ill post the other ones im considering to get ur opinions and any advice.

well done. will give a more appropriate criticism if i get to listen on better speakers. very fun track, tight, good programming. thanks for posting.

Guest yan_g

i wouldn't put it as first track on a demo as it's slow to evolve. and about sample based music, seems much more difficult to me to work with samples than synths. bah. pleasant listen :)

Guest splagawaga
i wouldn't put it as first track on a demo as it's slow to evolve. and about sample based music, seems much more difficult to me to work with samples than synths. bah. pleasant listen :)

eh? i dont get what u mean. sure, its slow to evolve. but if sample based music is more difficult then a track using samples would show greater skill?

oh well. i think sampling is far easier than spending time making synth tones, melody, structure, style.

thanks for replying though

waga

well done. will give a more appropriate criticism if i get to listen on better speakers. very fun track, tight, good programming. thanks for posting.

turn them up loud if u can :)

Guest Mark Fox

This is a good cutup; if you explained this song to me I'd suspect the song was quite bad, but your skill makes it believable and humorous. English gentelman crackheads indeed.

As far as grittier/heavier or whatever I don't think it's necessary, the song has enough elements to hold together for what it is, but a remix with a rougher take might work too.

The drums are fantastic.

Any other stuff?

Archived