IGNORED

wAgAwAgA - KitchQoor

Guest splagawaga

Guest joshier

first impressions, enjoying it.

liking the drums, the drums lacking on the sub bass, but nonetheless good.

enjoying the melody..

yeah enjoying this, love the bouncy drum..

good sound quality..

liking the new scratchy/metallic synth playing a lot...

excellent synth work..

half way now, getting a it meaner...

liking the variations.. the same drum pattern is occuring slightly, could be changed..

now the pad is coming in.. spacey.. nice..

slightly boring now.. could make it meaner to suit the instruments mood.. (harder drums etc)

enjoying the glitchyness, but it's not going anywhere really.

---

ok, I really enjoyed that, the synths and samples are all very good quality, you have a slick method of changing the mood and style too.

It's a good track, but I left wanting it to go a step further.. a bit deeper... like, when the pad comes on, it gets a lot more serious.. a bit more angry.. I wanted it to get heavier, I wanted it to surprise me more and more, but it just went on for too long, and the ending was a bit of a disappointment.. *very* slowly fizzing out to a stop...

I don't mind a 'fizzing out to a stop' ending, but it just kind of went on for a little bit too long.. I would have stopped it in the midst of the glitchyness had I not been giving you a comment now.

well done anyway man despite a few minor points from me, keep it up.

- listening to it again, and think i'm going to steal it.

Guest joshier
less kraftwerk more aphex

?.. confused..

we're creating a new music style here at watmm man! we have enough anal lords!

Very nice track. I thought it could use about a minute and a half taken out of the last 3 minutes or so, as you don't offer any new melody/composition ideas besides subtle tweaks on that acid loop and more stuttery drums.

Guest splagawaga
first impressions, enjoying it.

liking the drums, the drums lacking on the sub bass, but nonetheless good.

enjoying the melody..

yeah enjoying this, love the bouncy drum..

good sound quality..

liking the new scratchy/metallic synth playing a lot...

excellent synth work..

half way now, getting a it meaner...

liking the variations.. the same drum pattern is occuring slightly, could be changed..

now the pad is coming in.. spacey.. nice..

slightly boring now.. could make it meaner to suit the instruments mood.. (harder drums etc)

enjoying the glitchyness, but it's not going anywhere really.

---

ok, I really enjoyed that, the synths and samples are all very good quality, you have a slick method of changing the mood and style too.

It's a good track, but I left wanting it to go a step further.. a bit deeper... like, when the pad comes on, it gets a lot more serious.. a bit more angry.. I wanted it to get heavier, I wanted it to surprise me more and more, but it just went on for too long, and the ending was a bit of a disappointment.. *very* slowly fizzing out to a stop...

I don't mind a 'fizzing out to a stop' ending, but it just kind of went on for a little bit too long.. I would have stopped it in the midst of the glitchyness had I not been giving you a comment now.

well done anyway man despite a few minor points from me, keep it up.

- listening to it again, and think i'm going to steal it.

Thanks for giving such a comprehensive review.

I agree with u about the the 3rd section, its definately too long without enough happening. i'd been working on the track for 2 days and had to go out last night. so the entire end section was rushed through in a couple of hours.

Having listened to it several times away from the sequencer. As much as i love that last synth line, it needs to step up one more time just to finish it off.

This is basically just the frame work of the track, im probably gonna go through and add fills, changes and small details to keep the intrigue through out

(and definately spruce up that last section).

Guest splagawaga
less kraftwerk more aphex

As in u want it to be less like kraftwerk and more like aphex?

or

It is less like kraftwerk and more like aphex?

???

Very nice track. I thought it could use about a minute and a half taken out of the last 3 minutes or so, as you don't offer any new melody/composition ideas besides subtle tweaks on that acid loop and more stuttery drums.

Yep agreed about the last section, thanks for replying.

yeah this is ill. great stuff.

hehe cheers :)

• 3 months later...
Guest splagawaga

this is a very old topic but ive recently done an awful lot more to this track and overhauled the 2nd section. so the updated version is up for critique. i still think the first section needs work and possibly parts of the first, but im interested in any feedback. thanks.

www.samosborn.com/downloads/kitchqoorredux.mp3

bah, just another good track of yours! reminds a bit of the tuss for some reason... wow! 11 minutes... let's give that an attentive listen. can't wait to download a proper E/LP of yours. might consider buying if not available for free... the acidish synth rocks. is there a vocoded voice? man you're definitely amongst the best skilled musicians on watmm. production is top notch. the digital distortion sounds great, what is it? reminds of orange dust too. don't like the voice at about 7:50. the pads come in great. the filter break happens to often imo. nice use of the claps, nice ride, nice bleeps, the ending is good too.

Guest splagawaga
bah, just another good track of yours! reminds a bit of the tuss for some reason... wow! 11 minutes... let's give that an attentive listen. can't wait to download a proper E/LP of yours. might consider buying if not available for free... the acidish synth rocks. is there a vocoded voice? man you're definitely amongst the best skilled musicians on watmm. production is top notch. the digital distortion sounds great, what is it? reminds of orange dust too. don't like the voice at about 7:50. the pads come in great. the filter break happens to often imo. nice use of the claps, nice ride, nice bleeps, the ending is good too.

hehe its a longun...

thanks again yan. ur right about the filter. i havent got round to changing that :) it should probly only do it once or twice at most.

theres no vocoder just bit reduction on a 303 emulator and filtering.

thanks for the comments, ill try and put together some sort of collection and upload it. once ive got these demos sorted.

hehe its a longun...

thanks again yan. ur right about the filter. i havent got round to changing that :) it should probly only do it once or twice at most.

thanks for the comments, ill try and put together some sort of collection and upload it. once ive got these demos sorted.

ok, just don't forget to keep us posted on your releases. you aiming at the record industry or netlabels?

Guest splagawaga
hehe its a longun...

ok, just don't forget to keep us posted on your releases. you aiming at the record industry or netlabels?

well i dont know any netlabels (havent really looked into it) so currently im sending to independant labels

u know of any online labels i could try?

there are several good free netlabels, for instance earstroke (orange dust, astroid power-up!...), monotonik (beak, lackluster, ilkae...), zymogen (bacanal intruder, d'incise). i'd recommend that as it is certainly the fastest way to release your music within a network and i could grab a bunch of your tunes in a shorter time than if you go the commercial way ;) seriously it might be a way to make yourself a name before sending to solid record labels, that said i think your music is sellable so you could try directly to release commercially, just don't forget to keep us posted.

beeing a creative commons downloader i mostly get legally free music. it seems to me that you can find a lot of free music way better than commercially released music. you just have to browse a huge amount of boc rip offs and decent-but-not-that-great music to you find here and there some absolute gems. if you don't go the creative commons way, at least download a few things of the labels i mentionned ;)

http://www.mono211.com/content/mp3s_monotonik.html

http://zymogen.net

http://earstroke.com

Archived