IGNORED

i have just recieved

pylonbitch

td-3kw for those model number fetishists.

any experiences, tips, thoughts, anything?

(actually i just wanted to gloat really.)

haven't played the drums for like 15 years, so i reckon i'll need a bit of practise.

cunts don't include a drum key, and the snare requires one, so... off to sound control this afternoon. ho-hum.

two hours to set up...

ten seconds to get playing.

awesome stuff.

dual trigger pads... snare.. rim, and cross stick hits

ride bell and edge.

velocity sensitive.

the usual three or four useless 'space percussion' kits, but i reckon before long i'll be using it more or less exclusively as a midi trigger.

beaut.

great fun.

*fucks off to drum some more*

Guest Adjective

would be funny to load an amen break to each pad, but offset to start on the corresponding drum (snare,kick, hat, etc)

i almost bought some really crap traditional drums off ebay to practice with, but i really would only have a small window after work or right before work to play them.

a setup like those v-drums would be hot

how loud is it, when you're slapping the pads? is it like if i was slapping a leather chair with a stick or something? never messed with them before

it's reasonably quiet... the snare has a mesh head that makes very little noise.

you start to get irrationally worried that it's too loud when you play with headphones on.

some of the sounds are pretty realistic.

the only noise issue i have is that you can hear my kick pedal downstairs... fortunately it's still my house downstairs so no worries.

been playing all afternoon... sweating like a fucking pig.

great fun.

highly recommended.

Guest Adjective
the only noise issue i have is that you can hear my kick pedal downstairs... fortunately it's still my house downstairs so no worries.

is that pretty much the noise you'd get from stomping on the ground then, or is it of a different, more annoying nature

youtube pls

pix plz

tech specs and pics

is that pretty much the noise you'd get from stomping on the ground then, or is it of a different, more annoying nature

youtube pls

depens how hard you hit the kick pedal. i leave my heel on the floor, so not as loud as stomping on the floor.

talkin about the NYC show? i saw a few times where he was drumming at the end of a track and no sound was coming out of the PA

yeah... I was too zooted to notice. Maybe he was triggering video ??? or perhaps they cut him w/ the mixer.

Guest Speedplay

I think my mate has the same kit. I was in Hannover with him when he tested em there. It's amazing what a great job they do. His skills are awesome aswell.

I think my mate has the same kit. I was in Hannover with him when he tested em there. It's amazing what a great job they do. His skills are awesome aswell.

yeah, my skills are fifteen or so years rusty.

still, three hours practise, and i'm a lot better than i expected i would be.

get there in the end eh?

think i'll be buying the same, maybe for xmas if the missus can be convinced.

get there in the end eh?

think i'll be buying the same, maybe for xmas if the missus can be convinced.

highly recommended.

outstanding for the cash.

cheers ism.

That looks fantastic. My mate's been looking to get a TD20 for ages (he's one of those silly people who only gets the best in the range) and I keep saying "Just get a lower-end model - at least you'll be playing then." Doesn't listen. It's one of those non-attainable goals.

Archived