IGNORED

other temperaments

Guest môak

Guest môak

hello there

i want to explore more of the other temperaments, fuck this 12 tone shit, i want to do stuff in Harry Partch's 43-tone scale, in 19 equal temperament, etc etc

how can i do this? say with ableton? if possible?

the only method i can think of is manually creating like a waveform in soundforge like a triangle with a whole octave in the 19temperament in cent values; 19 temperament; A=0 , A♯= 63 , B♭=126, B=189, etc

then sampling each note to a 'sampler', but this seems bullshit/fake

anyone know how to work out this African American?

Guest ۞ Syntheme ۞

i usually do it by adding or subtracting to the base midi note using pitch bend (range set to +-50cents).

I also have used my pad control set up so that it sends out different pitch bend amounts for each pad. This gives you a predictable result, but generally, I prefer to do it freehand with the pitch bend knob.

Scales have been standardised so to make easy for one musician to play another's music.

If you're not bothered about that, you can use whatever pitch you like!

there will probably be some vstis with microtuning abilities you could use somehow

http://www.xs4all.nl/~huygensf/scala/

scala is a tuning format that some synths can load. In fact I think there is a synth called Abakos that can do it. Theres a free version but it might not load the .tun files. I might be mixing things up here a lot but there are synths that do it out there. I think ZynSubAddFx does it too.

Guest tv_party

linplug octopus

just noticed it's got 2 of the wendy carlos scales in the microtuning section.

Archived