IGNORED

Ophibre - Red

Mellow U

RED_news.jpg

Ophibre is a master sound designer, using the most raw sound sources and improvising with them to intensify the mood of what he wants to convey. Red is equal parts Obscurist art installation, free noise, field recordings and live sound sculpture. It builds itself within the naked space of isolated acoustics and slowly says what it has to say over many different shades of Ophibre's red sound palate. Sometimes dropping out into silence, sometimes festering into a barrage of claustrophobic noise, this album is like nothing else you will ever hear, anywhere. Ophibre has taken the most basic, rudimentary sounds and objects, and he has given them life here. Limited to 100 hand-assembled copies, with striking design by David Tagg and Ophibre.

MP3 Sample

Ordering Info

red_ADnews.jpg

i love the artwork of these cds... i only have the first one (the compilation)... i need to get the rest (assuming they are still available!

yeah dave's packaging is insane.

as far as what's not available, the comp, bazaar's "eden express" and my "our blue rainbow" are all sold out. i'm not sure about brtlmn's "horsemeat", but that was only limited to 50 and if it's not already out of print then it will be soon!

Archived