IGNORED

2 New (old) New City 16 LP's

G. I. Raffe

say, darren - this is really really nice mate.

listening quietly while playing chess

i'm on the last track now (though they are arranged in alphabetical order so it's prolly not the proper last track)

bits remind me of the new mike p album

that fuzzy piano one is kinda clarky

and the first one (alphabetically) reminded me of gerald donald's weirder side

it's all really nice

production sounds nice and polished

tbh...i haven't heard much of yours (or any ekters) in a while as i haven't been in ylc a lot

i didn't make anything in 06 so i didn't go in there much but this sounds considerably better (production wise) than the other nc16 stuff i have (which is prolly all from 05)

are you still using reason? (if indeed you ever did - seem to remember you used it)

gonna grab the quick hack one now - looking forward to hearing it

say, darren - this is really really nice mate.

listening quietly while playing chess

i'm on the last track now (though they are arranged in alphabetical order so it's prolly not the proper last track)

bits remind me of the new mike p album

that fuzzy piano one is kinda clarky

and the first one (alphabetically) reminded me of gerald donald's weirder side

it's all really nice

production sounds nice and polished

tbh...i haven't heard much of yours (or any ekters) in a while as i haven't been in ylc a lot

i didn't make anything in 06 so i didn't go in there much but this sounds considerably better (production wise) than the other nc16 stuff i have (which is prolly all from 05)

are you still using reason? (if indeed you ever did - seem to remember you used it)

gonna grab the quick hack one now - looking forward to hearing it

cheers thanks a lot! Quick Hack is a bit more upbeat. Both albums are done soley in reason. trying to put out all my old hundreds of tracks in LPs at the moment

'Pre' is very similar to Telegraph.. it's still on Retropublik (metropublik?) I think. If you haven't heard that one, grab it!

fuck, YES.

do you mind to explain the (demo)-bit ?

i'm almost through Telegraph already. and i want full versions of time capsule and jam 71 - looks like you exactly know which are the best tracks here. for some reasons i feel so close with the music you do. if being asked if i'd chose all of the telegraph tracks, i'd say no though. makes a very fine approach though, really nice work and selection.

about to listen to quick hack asap.

PS: i'm still having various ideas for the metropublik logos on the table, and there's no code rewritten so far, my programmer has too much to do at the moment, so that shift obviously takes a bit.

fuck, YES.

do you mind to explain the (demo)-bit ?

i'm almost through Telegraph already. and i want full versions of time capsule and jam 71 - looks like you exactly know which are the best tracks here. for some reasons i feel so close with the music you do. if being asked if i'd chose all of the telegraph tracks, i'd say no though. makes a very fine approach though, really nice work and selection.

cheers Max

It's a demo cos some of the tracks are really unfinished. I just really like them as tracks. I have 100's of unfinished tracks like this but I'm putting them out as LPs anyway

Quick Hack is a bit more finished - a bit cheesy though. More upbeat

hmm. quick hack didnt touch me that much. you're right about the cheesy thing, where new cat is the best one.

DLW149 and Crayola are standing out, with DLW149 being slightly better.

shock tactics, pebble mill, chillie chicken ...didnt make much too me, and sadly... giraffe is sad was worst.

having said that, DLW149, Crayola and New Cat still are worth the download.

imho.

please darren, do me a favor.

finish warm up - which shouldnt take much, leave it the warmup it is already, just make some noteworthy end.

finish "telegraph" - take the high glitchy thing off at around 2:50, make a short counterpoint melody to that 4/4 synth there, go back to the badass drum, and then take them all off and go for just the string and melody for like 1/2 bar. that's it. perhaps, if you want to stretch it, give the badass thing a solo.

finish time capsule - make it last a minute longer at least, somehow. this is a beautiful track

(i guess finishing jam 71 takes ages)

DLW149 is ok with outfading! let's add "crayola" and "trifid" and make an EP happen with these. that would be so awesome, really.

please darren, do me a favor.

finish warm up - which shouldnt take much, leave it the warmup it is already, just make some noteworthy end.

finish "telegraph" - take the high glitchy thing off at around 2:50, make a short counterpoint melody to that 4/4 synth there, go back to the badass drum, and then take them all off and go for just the string and melody for like 1/2 bar. that's it. perhaps, if you want to stretch it, give the badass thing a solo.

finish time capsule - make it last a minute longer at least, somehow. this is a beautiful track

(i guess finishing jam 71 takes ages)

DLW149 is ok with outfading! let's add "crayola" and "trifid" and make an EP happen with these. that would be so awesome, really.

thanks Max - i may do, i'm very unmotivated/fed up this last few months and i'm finding it harder to get out of it

Just wanted to chime in and add to the praise and say that I dled these last night and enjoyed them thoroughly. I was not familiar with your music before, but rest assured I will keep my ear to the ground from now on.

Thanks for sharing these.

Took me awhile to realise I didnt own any of these tracks it seems, silly billy(remember, you sent me the F.G Library archive DATS titled "The Lot" eons ago enough to be going on with) . Well, what can I say? Just nabbed these and they are largely blazing hunks of melodic goodwill to the universe, I love alot of em, only given both babies the once over, will get more divergant soon enough and report back

Been listening to "telegraph" ep quite a bit this week. Great tunes Darren. As has been said already, warm up sounds like it could be killer if finished, as it stands it really is "warm", great opener. The melodies throughout this Ep are very uplifting actually, I love the strings on "proper air", can imagine sped up city traffic on a rainy night but not in a clichéd way, wish it was a bit longer. Beats on "Jam 71" are excellent, again, short, definitely one to come back to. I like where it's going. Time capsule and trifid are 2 of my favourites on here, gorgeous sad melodies and warmth. Really nice work overall, just give yourself some distance from these and come back to them at a later date to finish maybe if your finding it hard just now.

Archived