IGNORED

Interview In One Week To Live Magazine

SQUIDLID

We distribute this magazine free every week at my work (a bar in shoreditch), it's not always that great but sometimes it's got some good interviews, record reviews and music hardware reviews. At least it gives me something to check out during my (rare) breaks.

Anyhoo it's got an interview with Luke here and they really dig him which is cool, and he's always got good reviews for his records in this mag too.

It's a little bit odd though a few things he says could be mis-constrewed and sound a bit negative towards his Amen Andrews alias and use of soft synths. Perhaps it's a a case of bad editing or Luke's relaxed attitude, or shit maybe I'm over analysing, check it out for yourself...

LukeVibertInterview.jpg

The Warp ones been talked about over the course of the year, it seems like they're waiting for Vibert to hold back on releasing for about 4-6 months, I heard his contract with Warp means that there can't be another release within 4 months of the Warp release (and it seems the Simmonds release will be next as its on Rephlex.com already).

There has also been a bit of a mention about the Wagon Christ album but I think Ninja had Sorry you make me lush at least 12 months before it was released so that'll be a while off yet, they dont like to hurry the releases up but at least it'll have a little promotion because of that.

Cheers for that! Very good read.

Guest Enter a new display name
LukeVibertpart7.jpg

Wait does this mean there's a new Wagon Christ Album and a new Warp release coming?

Probably, he hasn't released a lot of music this year...

it's great to read this guy's interviews, i always have a laugh with the stuff he says, the stories he tells. like that interview when he talks about the time he stole an unreleased track to squarepusher and played it live with tom there, and he didn't recognize his own tune, etc. thanks for the nice time!

yes would be good to read can you give us a bigger virgin?

seems strange Luke is talking about a Moog when he raves about Reaktor, ahhh but I guess he mus be pluggin the Moog Acid release?

prob cuz NI pays vibert to rave about reaktor

Archived