IGNORED

Reaktor tutorial

Guest ~Pd~

Do you guys have anything that will take Reaktor from "NRG FUCKING AGGGAHGAHGAHAGAGAHAGHAG" in terms of user interface to more of a Nord Modular "Mmm yes, this all makes sense quite nicely!" level?

Heh. Well, you could stick to building on the macro level. It depends on what you want to create. Synthesis and sampling in Reaktor is not rocket science, but sequencing and algorithmic stuff requires a bit more thought and study of event flow. That's what I'm attempting to cover in the tutorials.

Actually yah Sequencing seemed to be a rather large headache. The clock modules aren't very intuitive. To be honest even though I have Reaktor now I'm mainly focusing my efforts on Puredata. Really I think Reakto has been a great concept ruined by the worst UI I have ever been subjected to in my life, but to each his own.

Actually yah Sequencing seemed to be a rather large headache. The clock modules aren't very intuitive. To be honest even though I have Reaktor now I'm mainly focusing my efforts on Puredata. Really I think Reakto has been a great concept ruined by the worst UI I have ever been subjected to in my life, but to each his own.

My main beef with the Reaktor UI is that you can't drag primary level modules off the palette into a structure anymore. That's insane. And ghost macros would be nice. And a scripting language! :devil:

I still like it though. Once you're familiar with it you can sort of feel your way through the building process. I like the mood it puts me in, creatively. The Max derivatives are too deliberate or top down for my liking. If you have access to the Reaktor library, check out the work of Dieter Zobel. More than anyone else, his building style and creativity captures the essence of Reaktor for me.

Do you guys have anything that will take Reaktor from "NRG FUCKING AGGGAHGAHGAHAGAGAHAGHAG" in terms of user interface to more of a Nord Modular "Mmm yes, this all makes sense quite nicely!" level?

Heh. Well, you could stick to building on the macro level. It depends on what you want to create. Synthesis and sampling in Reaktor is not rocket science, but sequencing and algorithmic stuff requires a bit more thought and study of event flow. That's what I'm attempting to cover in the tutorials.

I can;t help but read that with Professor Frink voice in my head.... GLAVEN!

the only thing that bugs me is that no one has a clear concise tutorial on how to make a set of knobs.

and i'm a dumb ass who can't figure it out.

You mean skinning? I've never bothered. To make life easier you'd need to make a script or action in Photoshop that rotates a knob image half a degree (or whatever) then places a copy adjacent to the original on a very tall canvas, over and over. Sounds like drudgery. Glaven!

Archived