IGNORED

New Implosion Quintet EP

Guest wasps

Hello all, for some unknown reason I've set up a net label, and released a 3rd net ep 'Shackle your rams'. There's a few people who seem to like what I do, or at least enjoy laughing and pointing, so thought you should know. :whistling:

Hope you're all well.

w

I really like the melodies in "The way to the people is through *bing*" but I don't really think the drums fit into the rest of the track. I mean the melodies would be perfect for some twisted version of Amélie, but the drums would work better as jazzy brush hits instead. But hey, that's just me talking. As I said the melodies are great, so I'm going to listen to the rest of the tracks as soon as I've got me time on my hand.

I really like the melodies in "The way to the people is through *bing*" but I don't really think the drums fit into the rest of the track. I mean the melodies would be perfect for some twisted version of Amélie, but the drums would work better as jazzy brush hits instead. But hey, that's just me talking. As I said the melodies are great, so I'm going to listen to the rest of the tracks as soon as I've got me time on my hand.

Shame you didn't like the drums, but thanks for listening. The drums are an on-going challenge, definitely. I can see why people often choose to keep it virtual. But we're getting there, slowly... :)

Shame you didn't like the drums, but thanks for listening. The drums are an on-going challenge, definitely. I can see why people often choose to keep it virtual. But we're getting there, slowly... :)

I wrote it as I was listening to the track, so I didn't get to hear it to the end, so it's my pleasure to announce that the acoustic drums that takes over later in the track are great!! :beer:

Guest ezkerraldean

listening to way to the people now........

wow, this is a pretty good melody. sounds cool where it goes all rocky

i'll agree with squee, the drum loop doesnt quite work with the style of the tune.

i think its just the claps in the first bit actually. if you cut the drum loop in half and just used the first half, discarding the claps, it would be much nicer. if that makes any sense. the beats good in the second half.

wont listen to the others right now, this one took ages to load for some reason. but yeah, theres some good ideas here. i like it.

Sincere thanks to all for listening and for your comments. It seems people mostly find something they dig within the barely-organised chaos and that's reason enough for continuing...

Yan, thanks especially for your comments - from an old pro like you, it means alot. :)

And yeah, archive takes its sweet time, but it's a brilliant service they provide and for free, so...

Takk,

w

Hello all, for some unknown reason I've set up a net label, and released a 3rd net ep 'Shackle your rams'. There's a few people who seem to like what I do, or at least enjoy laughing and pointing, so thought you should know. :whistling:

Hope you're all well.

w

i'm glad that you managed the balance with the e-guitars! :-)

http://maxmarlow.untergrund.net/?p=36

cheers!

PS: everybody in this thread should buy Oleg Kostrow! :-)

Archived