IGNORED

Live 7 beta track

Guest ۞ Syntheme ۞

still going with the dubstep/grime feel eh synthy? well, everything's good about this tune apart from i'm not really into dubstep - i had a brief flirtation with it then realised it's exceedingly dull.

so unfortunately, that's kinda how i feel about this tune and the other grimey ones you've done lately (i liked the UK Garagey one) - dull - i don't really see the attraction of letting some boring loop roll, occasionally pressing "fill in" and adding a sample of a black man here and there.

i hope you don't stay in this groove for too long coz i love your stuff and always look forward to new tunes.......... unless it's FUCKING GRIME (or Dubstep or whatever the fucking hell it's called now).

Guest ۞ Syntheme ۞
still going with the dubstep/grime feel eh synthy? well, everything's good about this tune apart from i'm not really into dubstep - i had a brief flirtation with it then realised it's exceedingly dull.

so unfortunately, that's kinda how i feel about this tune and the other grimey ones you've done lately (i liked the UK Garagey one) - dull - i don't really see the attraction of letting some boring loop roll, occasionally pressing "fill in" and adding a sample of a black man here and there.

i hope you don't stay in this groove for too long coz i love your stuff and always look forward to new tunes.......... unless it's FUCKING GRIME (or Dubstep or whatever the fucking hell it's called now).

I know what you mean, I've been checking out dubstep tracks for months for the good stuff, i finally came across one track last week that I really liked.

I'm looking for influences at the moment to throw into my melting pot. I want to develop/refine my own style, to make it more distinctive.

I did the same thing with electro tracks a few months back, I made 4 or 5 tracks that pushed me to learn more about music making rather than just working in my comfort zone.

what dubstep offers is 1.) for now, freedom from overly sampled drum loops, which, eventually, bore the hell out of me, and 2.) headroom to have some fun with the frequency range.... the more sparse, the bigger you can make certain elements...

i like this track actually... because its a smarter than most of the "regular shite". i'm tired of everyone trying to sound "hard"... and forgetting about synths and good sounds...

your drum programming is good, although, as with the synth loops, getting into the details of making distinct edits for each loop will really drive this track into the musical memory of the listener. that is to say, i like the first half a lot, but by the time i get to the second half, i need either some new elements, or else more variation on the theme. i don't like the vocal sample in there...

(btw, distance put out some pretty nice dubstep a little while back, delight and night vision were two good tracks off his album, 1 on 1 is good, as is empire from HF008... however, i don't think they fully escape the repetitive nature.)

I know what you mean, I've been checking out dubstep tracks for months for the good stuff, i finally came across one track last week that I really liked.

I'm looking for influences at the moment to throw into my melting pot. I want to develop/refine my own style, to make it more distinctive.

I did the same thing with electro tracks a few months back, I made 4 or 5 tracks that pushed me to learn more about music making rather than just working in my comfort zone.

it's always beneficial to try new sounds.

i don't know what dubstep is, but i like this. especially that sneaky sounding high pitched noise that pops up.

Guest ۞ Syntheme ۞
The compression sounded very overdone to me. It really wasn't too bad apart from that. What's new in Live 7?

side chain compression is new in live 7 :)

(I was playing with it on the bass (using the kick drum as the side chain input)

(Have since learned how to use it more subtly to achieve separation of kick and bass))

drum racks incl automated tasks + rex import

3 new synths (you have pay for separately )

not sure if i'll bother upgrading as I'm not too excited about drums racks or the synths

might wait and see what version 8 brings (hopefully folder tracks) :O)

Guest ۞ Syntheme ۞
The compression sounded very overdone to me. It really wasn't too bad apart from that. What's new in Live 7?

(I was playing with it on the bass (using the kick drum as the side chain input)

(Have since learned how to use it more subtly to achieve separation of kick and bass))

not sure if i'll bother upgrading as I'm not too excited about drums racks or the synths

I've changed my mind about drumracks, I LOVE IT! It's really nicely integrated :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg:

I've changed my mind about drumracks, I LOVE IT! It's really nicely integrated :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg:

Sounds good. I might have to invest.

Archived