Guest margaret thatcher

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i am back for a bit.

i shall upload more stuff soon.

relax, my fellow ambientistas.

id still like to hear your take on why Alex Paterson gets all the credit for The Orb productions....I mean, ALL i ever hear with the exception of your threads is that he very rarely adds to the production at all, and I assume youve had some sort of close contact with the group and was wondering why hes the face of the project....i dunno.

Guest margaret thatcher

cos it's his group. it was him and cauty, and cauty left. then it was him and youth, then him and thrash and felhmann, then him and loads of people.

but it's lx-p's group. all of the orb's output has had at least some creative input by him, e.g. he played the piano part on oxbow lakes, etc.

another example - he chose all the samples for little fluffy clouds like the ricky lee-jones interview, the morricone sample, electric counterpoint, and so on. he gave them to thrash, and thrash changed electric counterpoint to 4/4 time and put everything in the right key. youth did the bass. so lx-p isn't the most technical person, but he's the ideas man.

Guest Space Coyote
it does when performed live.

Any chance that if I wing you some money online you would purchase a harddrive, copy all your live Orb to it and mail it to me?

Guest margaret thatcher

nah, i'll just eventually get round to uploading everything to somewhere permanent. don't worry!

i'd rather not start mailing hard drives around because it seems as if a lot of people want my stuff.

p.s. your sig should say "screaming into the eye of the lens", i think.....karl hyde's lyrics are unintelligable anyway.... :laughing:

i used to have a great recording of underworld live at sheffield octagon, 1994.....they open with a 20 min version of "thing in a book".....

nah, i'll just eventually get round to uploading everything to somewhere permanent. don't worry!

i'd rather not start mailing hard drives around because it seems as if a lot of people want my stuff.

p.s. your sig should say "screaming into the eye of the lens", i think.....karl hyde's lyrics are unintelligable anyway.... :laughing:

i used to have a great recording of underworld live at sheffield octagon, 1994.....they open with a 20 min version of "thing in a book".....

I'm excited about this thread now. That KLF / Space album!

Is the Underworld recording you're on about this one:

UNDERWORLD live at The Octagon, Sheffield, UK (13-10-1994)

01 Thing In A Book

02 S.W.F.A.B.N.F.I.

03 Spoon Deep

04 Dark And Long

05 Air Towel

06 Juanita

07 FRONT 242 - Happiness (Underworld Remix)

08 Rez

09 Burts Jam

10 Puppies

11 Rowla

12 Born Slippy

13 Dark Train

I had that too - the sound was dreadful though. Now I've lost it as well.

I know what you're on about with Alex P and the Orb too - projects need a driving force to keep them together...

Guest dougals
karl hyde's lyrics are unintelligable anyway.... :laughing:

Now that is an understatement! I sometimes wonder what on earth he is on

Now that is an understatement! I sometimes wonder what on earth he is on

Well it used to be lots of booze, now I think it's more likely to just be tea and a scone.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest margaret thatcher

that glasto 93 set is really annoying me, because my recording doesn't have towers of dub on it. but cheers for finding it!

mine goes:

plateau

majestic

lfc

blue room

star 6 & 7 8 9

spanish castles

valley

assassin

outlands

huge ever growing thingy

and it's from a full length video...

i'll upload some shit in the next week, sorry i've been really busy lately. :)

edit: just listened to it, and it's not towers of dub, it's valley. which makes sense.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest margaret thatcher

haha yeah i'll do it next week, i have stable internet for a week. also explains my absenses from the wattem.

expect the rest of the 1993 gigs, plus some 1991 and 1994 malarkey.

Guest dougals
haha yeah i'll do it next week, i have stable internet for a week. also explains my absenses from the wattem.

Looking forward to it. Thanks in advance.

Guest Space Coyote

Looking forward to it. Thanks in advance.

Seconded

Guest spike
Awesome, now about that KLF / Space thing...

seconded! tripled! .e.e.ee.e..ee. this would be amazing. :heart:

Guest spike

http://inverarities.blog.co.uk/2008/07/05/...f-comm-4407530/

Finally, in 2006, the Orb released a Podcast through their website which featured not only the KLF's "Madrugada Eterna" with added Orb whistles and bells, but as track tantalisingly called "Space (1989 Unreleased Version)" which sure enough featured a fair chunk of the "Space" album, again with added Orb whistles and bells. Rumours than began to circulate that "Orbsessions Volume 2" was going to be a full release of that debut Drummond and Cauty album, as originally planned for KLF Communications, but sadly it has yet to appear. Maybe the Orb's twentieth anniversary (technically, probably due in only a few months time) may bring about a re-release (or even an internet link) of the original "Space" tapes!

In the meantime, and to end this longest "brief" post in the history of blogs, here are those two tracks from the podcast:

http://www.protectlinks.com/120027

("Space (The Unreleased 1989 Mix)")

http://www.protectlinks.com/120029

("Madrugada Eterna" by the KLF - 2006 Orb Podcast mix)

Archived