IGNORED

Beach House - Devotion

Guest absolu

From Carpark website :

Beach House have wrapped up production on their sophomore full length "Devotion" planned for February 2008. Look for a new video and seven inch single for "Gila" soon. 2008 tour dates are now up on our live page!

38903.beachhousesmall.jpg

Track List:

--------

01. Wedding Bell 3:54

02. You Came to Me 4:05

03. Gila 4:46

04. Turtle Island 3:59

05. Holy Dances 4:19

06. All The Years 3:36

07. Heart of Chambers 4:25

08. Some Things Last A Long Time 2:31

09. Astronaut 5:04

10. D.A.R.L.I.N.G. 3:18

11. Home Again 4:08

You can hear "Gila" on their MySpace.

Well, I already like this song less than their entire debut album (which was phenomenal) but I am still excited for this. Plus they are playing with Grizzly Bear in October, wouldn't mind seeing that.

I think Gila is really good. One of their better tracks actually. And they succeeded to polish their sound which was rather unidimensional on their (incredible) debut. Also, Victoria Legrand's voice really meets the expectations.

Touring also :

Beach House

February 28th - Baltimore, MD @ The G Spot

February 29th - Chapel Hill, NC @ Local 506

March 1st - Atlanta, GA @ The Earl

March 2nd - Birmingham, AL @ The Bottletree Cafe

March 3rd - Memphis, TN @ Hi Tone Cafe

March 5th - Baton Rouge, LA @ Spanish Moon

March 6th - Houston, TX @ Walter's on Washington

March 7th - Austin, TX @ Emo's Lounge

March 8th - Denton, TX @ Hailey's

March 10th - Tucson, AZ @ Solar Culture

March 11th - Phoenix, AZ @ Modified

March 12th - San Diego, CA @ The Casbah

March 13th - Los Angeles, CA @ The Echo

March 14th - San Luis Obispo, CA @ Steynberg Gallery

March 15th - San Fracisco, CA @ Bottom of the Hill

March 17th - Portland, OR @ Holocene

March 18th - Seattle, WA @ Crocodile Cafe

March 19th - Vancouver, BC @ The Media Club

March 21st - Salt Lake City, UT @ Kilby Court

March 22nd - Denver, CO @ Hi-Dive

March 24th - Omaha, NE @ The Slowdown

March 25th - Minneapolis, MN @ 7th Street Entry

March 26th - Chicago, IL @ Schubas

March 27th - Cleveland, OH @ The Grog Shop

March 29th - Montreal, QC @ Casa Del Populo

March 31st - Cambridge, MA @ Middle East Upstairs

April 2nd - New York, NY @ Bowery Ballroom

April 3rd - Philadelphia, PA @ The Barbery

April 4th - Washington, D.C. @ Rock and Roll Hotel

Well, I already like this song less than their entire debut album (which was phenomenal) but I am still excited for this. Plus they are playing with Grizzly Bear in October, wouldn't mind seeing that.

In October??

polish their sound

ha yea, thats exactly what I don't want to happen. I mean, I suppose their debut can never really be reproduced, but what I liked about it so much was that it was the most genuine album I have heard in a while of two people who couldn't really use their instruments that well. I don't know how else to describe it other than genuine. Never a moment of embarrassment, even though they were out of tune or whatever plenty of times.

I guess that Grizzly Bear show was October 07? Maybe I went to an old version of their website. I dunno. whatever.

• 2 months later...
Guest Adjective

i listened to this one to and from work today, very pleasant, she's pushing more vocal layers in there now.

i had it on as i took a nap on the roof of the parking garage too

I still say the first one is better. I think the debut had a much more raw sound that well suited their sound, and made me feel right there with them, screw ups and all. Very authentic.

At first I worried that a better polished sound with better production (which this one obviously has) would diminish some of their very original sound. But I don't think so anymore. It would have been weird if they didn't progress, and I am glad they did what they did with this album. Again, very happy with this album. Will probably be one of my favorites of 08 just as the first was near the top of 06. 08 is a great year for musics.

I wonder what they will do with their next album? What I mean to say is, I wonder if they will change their sound completely? I mean, how long can they do this type of sound? This is such a great band, that I don't want them to fall into obscurity after only two albums because they didn't progress or change their sound at all. I suppose I am getting ahead of myself.

• 2 months later...
Guest Rook

I take back whatever I said earlier about the first being better than the second. This album is beyond phenomenal. I regularly listen to it.

Easily takes the top slot for '08 for me.

true true, i tried listening to s/t but i always switch to devotion 5-6 songs in

i think it's here voice and singing mostly, more refined and stronger..and upfront. the first 20 secs of "holy dances" get me everytime.

Archived