IGNORED

a wkwar d

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

Guest awkward

first new track in a while. in a similar vein to my deep sea creatures track. looking for comments.

only the second track ever completed in ableton live. tracks recorded out and assembled in adobe audition. so i'm not sure what the sound mix is gonna be like on this. i'm working on these really bassy headphones and haven't heard it on anything else yet. its a really simple piece, as this is all i can manage in my current setup. doesn't have a name yet.

http://apycroft.earstroke.com/0029_ambientone_take02.mp3

if you want me to return the listen then point me to your thread.

i should mention there are no breakbeats in this track and its ambient so sit back turn off the screen and close your eyes. if that doesnt sound good then don't listen

I really like your style.

This is great. I can't comment much on the mix as I'm listening on cheap computer speakers, but everything blends quite nicely on them. Love the string sounds, and how the different melodic elements are slightly detuned from one another --has a very ominous effect. This track gave me a sense of foreboding in a good way. Really nice choice of sounds. It pulled me in and kept me there.

If I end up listening on better speakers and have any input about the mix itself I'll let you know, but I really like the track itself.

this track is nice... like zephyr said, the subtle dissonance is working for you here. it seems like a pretty basic track, but sounds at the end, the construction sounds and the way it ends give it just enough character to make it compelling. my shitty work headphones do not respond to low frequencies btw, so i could be missing something there.

after about the fourth listen, my favorite thing about this is how the bit of static, the vibrato on the strings, the aforementioned dissonance all provide an intriguing delicateness to this track which surprisingly isn't disrupted by the jackhammer that comes in at the end. i think that is a really cool and interesting effect, whether you intended it or not. in fact, i just let out a little bit of pee thinking about it.

anyway, simple is good here. i'm anxious to see how you develop with your setup. good song will listen many times over.

Guest awkward

thanks for the feedback guys. i just had a relisten and i think i'm going to try and add back in a piano part which i left out. i might try and make the fade in of the detuned bigpad a little nicer too.

Guest awkward

hhm score i dunno. i don't have the technical skills required. i would however like to get into making visuals to go with my music. easier that way around.

Archived