IGNORED

lucid rhythms - "trefusis"

Guest margaret thatcher

Guest margaret thatcher

here you go, something i knocked out this evening...piano, guitar, and synths....kinda in the same style as my deep sea creatures piece.

hope you all like it :)

this track is very similar to aquazone 5 in structure. in fact if you were to tell me this was some sort of alternate live mix i would believe you. therefore, i really like it. i think it has a thinner overall feel than aquazone five, aquazone five is real soupy and syrupy which i think was one of the best things about it. so in that regard, i would like some more sizzurp in this track. also the yelling comes across a little more abrasive and doesn't seem to go as well with the rest of the song. but then again if you changed all this it would be even more like aquazone 5. so I reckon it is its baby sister. awwww.

Guest tht! tne

i liked it

it threw me for a loop though

because as it kept building up i was expecting drums

to come in but they didn't which is fine

Guest margaret thatcher

1) yeah, it's like the b-side version or something.. :embrassed: ..it doesn't use any samples or synths from aquazone five though....but yea, it's god damn similar, probably far too similar....i might change some shit on it, more synths or something. i hammered it out in about 2 hours, and that was mostly programming the bloody chord changes by hand in buzz and cutting up my guitar recording. the easiest part was the piano, all live in one take. aquazone five took about a week in total and a lot of that was mastering the bastard thing.

and i quite like the gospel preacher, he's from a pretty famous steve reich recording called "it's gonna rain"....i might change it for something more melodic.

2) i tried putting drums on that bastard but nothing worked, like literally nothing. i might try again in a few days.

but thanks for the feedback guys! :)

Guest awkward

well its certainly got a build. not sure on the reich sample. like the piano though very much. you could slow it down and add some washes of synth and make it more ambient.

the first build is exquisite but i'm not really feeling what it built up to. i really like the warm saturating feeling it puts out though. it needs some slow moving, mountain-like drums :rdjgrin:

Guest margaret thatcher

cheers guys, thanks for the feedback.....i've got a plan with this track now.....and yeah, i love the first buildup more than any other part, so i'm gonna just use that bit.......

The voice samples remind me SOOOO much of Orb's Pomme Fritz EP hehehe...

It's cool... I like the style, It kinda sounds to me like one of those songs that sorta sound like they're building up to something but never really fully explode, and somehow it manages to work really well! It's not an easy thing to do.

Really nice sounds too... a very good balance of digital and organic sound. Even though I can barely recognize anything as guitar and piano, I can sorta tell it's not all electronic... it's got a really organic feel to it.

Guest margaret thatcher

thanks! yeah, the sample is a bit clichéed....it reminds me of the klf's chill out now....i should get rid of it.

and believe it or not, it's mostly piano and guitar, all with special effects....hehehe

Sounds a little busy in the mids when the sample enters, and the cymbal sounds awfully mp3ish, though that may be intended, dunno. I liked the intro very much but the transition to the 2:00 part disappointed me. I miss a beat in that part by the way, because it sounds like happier or more optimistic than the bars before, and a nice beat would've enriched that feeling by putting some more energy into it. Just my 2 pence :)

believe it or not, it's mostly piano and guitar, all with special effects....hehehe

well that's nicely manipulated.

Archived