Mellow U

• 2 months later...

***UPDATE!!!***

MILIEU

COLORTONE

MILIEU MUSIC / MMD003

CD-R

EDITION OF 100 COPIES

So, I’m sure a lot of you are wondering “Where the hell is Colortone?” and “Why is it on CD-R now instead of vinyl?”. Well, it would seem that a lot of unforeseeable changes have occurred since David and I initially planned and announced Colortone on vinyl at EED earlier in the year, and as a result, I’m presenting it to you here, now, on CD-R in my own shop. Frankly, a number of things came up around the wax pressing and by the time it was all said and done, we couldn’t afford it anymore, and the release had already been delayed for half a year. Ultimately another, more current Milieu album will surface at EED next year, but considering Colortone was promised first, here it is.

For those of you who have wanted beats and melodies, this album will probably be one you won’t want to miss! 10 tracks filled to the brim with bouncy beats, funky bass and layer upon layer of organ/synth/sine/guitar melodies. If you’re sick of the cold weather and long for the sunny days of Summer, or if you just want something other than all the ambient and drone material I’ve been releasing lately, get this!

The details: the album has been lovingly dressed and presented in a jewel case with factory-printed artwork (colorful photos I shot with my Holga) and will expire after 100 copies. I’ve put up a preorder page as of today which outlines the shipping date as being the first week of January 2009, and there you can hear MP3 clips, watch a video for “Pillow Whiter” and place your order! I’m only announcing this preorder on

a handful of places so that any of you who are keen on getting into the FIRST 25 COPIES SOLD can receive the super-cool BONUS CD-RSuntanned Melodies”, which features b-sides, outtakes and remixes by Ten And Tracer, Mrs Jynx, Obfusc, Forrest and possibly EOD and Loafeye!

FOR MP3 CLIPS PHOTOS VIDEO AND ORDER INFO:

CLICK!

Oh wow...this looks and sounds to be a real treat Brian, glad it's finally seeing the light of day. Can't wait to get it and I hope I can make it in time for the bonus cd-r!!

Cheers! :beer:

Thanks Trent, I think it's just been too long in waiting and I want to get it out before some of next year's records come out, believe it or not there are 3 more Milieu albums scheduled for release in 2009 already...

• 1 month later...

Just a quick bump to let everyone here know this is officially out and NOW SHIPPING. Thanks to everyone who preordered one - your records should arrive quite soon! Out of the 100 I pressed up over half are already gone so if anyone wants this, be quick!

:beer:

LINKY

• 2 weeks later...

just got it today and it was like Christmas all over again...such a warm and fuzzy album, I just want to give it a hug!

thanks Brian! :)

just got it today and it was like Christmas all over again...such a warm and fuzzy album, I just want to give it a hug!

thanks Brian! :)

Glad you like it!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived