IGNORED

03-09 Berlin, Germany - Berghain

xfxf

Hi,

So I'm over in Europe from Australia, and I was pissed to discover today that on my galavanting around Germany/UK that I've missed them by like, two days, in 3 or 4 places.

There's no way I'm heading back to Australia without seeing them.

I see they've got a show in Berlin on the 9th.

Anyone going?

How the goddamn hell do I buy tickets? Because I sure as hell ain't going to book expensive plane tickets at last minute unless I'm sure I can get in!

Awaiting a very prompt reply.

Love, xf.

Guest cet303

Having been to Berghain/Panorama before, i would be very surprised if there are advance tickets for the AE show on Saturday.

The place is huge. Easily 3000 capacity including Panorama Bar.

The only advice i can give is get there early, it get ridiculously busy on a Saturday night regardless on who is playing, i normally go there around 6am usually although this Saturday is obviously different.

Out of all the places they are touring THIS gig is the one i wanted to go to but alas i settled for the London show as i'm off to BLOC WK next week.

Don't miss this, you will regret it.

i am going :)

you could buy tickets but they are gone by now i assume

but there seem to be enough space for a lot of people as mentioned

you mind messaging me your name / phone number? it'd be nice to have people to meet there!

and i'm sure i'd get in even if the place is packed - i'd hope - i'm sure waving an australian passport and ticket stubs at them may persuade an exception. i hope.

so I just rang up, they've sold out, and there's no tickets at the door.

shit.

if anybody knows of tickets being sold anywhere, even at non-face prices, please let me know. i've already booked travel/accom there :(

I feel for you, I'm really sorry. I find it quite surprising that they don't reserve any tickets to sell at the evening. There would probably be enough demand and they could charge a little extra.

I bought my ticket months ago. This will be my first time to see Autechre and my first time at Berghain, I'm sure looking forward to it.

I'm not looking forward to the hours after the gig, as I have to be awake and alert at 9 AM on Monday in Potsdam, which is some 40 kilometers away. And of course just on that day all public transportation is going to go on strike.

The show is on Sunday, not on Saturday btw. And it's labeled a concert, not a club night. That would explain why there have been tickets in advance.

Guest maoam

I'm going to this, and may have a spare ticket since one of my mates pulled out. meeting a few polish friends there and they bought the tickets for me off a polish website.

if they still have it i'll sell it to you for €20 (what i paid). i just emailed him there to check. there will be some tickets on the door apparently but thats a risk innit.

10 pm - 11pm snd_ LIVE

11 pm - 11.30pm DJ Rob Hall (Gescom)

11.30 pm - ??? AUTECHRE live

Aftershow-party with DJ Rob Hall

let you know when i hear

still havent booked my hostel, where you staying?

thanks for the ebay link, i searched earlier and couldn't find a thing. will keep a watch on it.

maoam: that'd be rad, let me know - i'd certainly prefer to buy from somebody here rather than somebody who speaks a different language on ebay! i'm staying at the ibis hotel which is like half a km away from the venue. don't actually get in via plane from oslo until 6pm, so i'll be checking straight in and heading up.

Guest maoam

shite sorry dude, he promised the ticket it to someone else last week and didnt tell me.

hope you get sorted out anyways.

g'luck

Guest HolyMoly

I'm going!

I ordered a ticket online from a German webshop, can't remember the url but it seems everywhere is sold out now.

But, there might be a chance to get a ticket at the door. The Berghain Myspace page at

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...logID=364372563

:

"

Presale tickets for Autechre on Sunday, March 9th have been sold out.

There will still be a few more tickets on the door,

there will be NO reservation!

Autechre wish to have NO lights during their performance,

so the concert will be held in the dark, reduced to just music.

Here is the approximate running order for the event:

Doors: 9pm

Begin: 10 pm

10 pm - 11pm snd_ LIVE

11 pm - 11.30pm DJ Rob Hall (Gescom)

11.30 pm - ??? AUTECHRE live

Aftershow-party with DJ Rob Hall

"

If I were you, I'd get there at 8pm and hope :)

See you all there... (or not, seeing it'll be pitch black....)

no way to get in for me either

no ticket. no entrance. nothing. i mean this is my standard club. i love it in like every way you can love a club.... but this was really ... i dont know. a friend of mine had no chance to get into the hungary one either. i'm really upset. i hope they come back to this club anytime soon - but i bet they dont. :/

:cry:

they were selling tickets at the door - i got there about a hour early, was one of the lucky ones as i think they stopped letting people in about 10 people or so after me.

fuck me, what an awesome night. ae are brilliant live.

Ae and Rob Hall were great, the sound amazing. But the crowd mostly didn't seem to get into it a lot, very little dancing. I noticed a surprisingly high amount of girls. The night was over at 2 AM, which I found ridiculous in the light of the Berghain's reputation and the 20+ euros I paid shipping included. They could at least have a local DJ continue after Rob Hall. Also the total darkness didn't really work out, too much light seeping in from the sides and at one point they seemed to have accidentally turned on the main lightning again.

There wasn't any lighting at Köln either and also a few girls (who left before ae started after not liking SND). It was my first autechre live so I can't compare, but what I heared I loved.

I'm glad for xf, I read this thread from the start, you deserved it. ;)

Guest maoam

some of the best music i've ever heard. nothing like the album really. lasted for around 55 minutes, which was a bit short. though there were hardly any duff periods, all good dancing music. and my group were all dancing like lunatics, one of my mates busted his leg up 5 seconds into autechre. he had to get an xray the next day.

way better music than when i saw them in dublin for untilted. also the berghain is incredible, though i'd be probably too scared to go to on a normal night.

good to hear you got sorted out xf

i need to hear a good recording of one of these gigs.

Archived