IGNORED

Quarisitice novelty = wearing off?

awepittance

Guest neath
i think its difficult to have an opinion on a release that last 5 hours. like, you cant totally like (or dislike) 5 hours of music, its similar to Kesto & analord (2 boxsets that i love) in a way. sure i think quaristice/quadrange are great but with so many trax you dont relate to it, like with LP5 or confield. that's exactly what i enjoy you can easily get lost in the music without knowing exactly which version you're listening to. in a way its against the idea of a finished piece of art, like "its a masterpiece, i wont add a single note".

that's a valid point, but i think unlike Kesto and Analord these were mostly versions of the same song(s). Kesto had an entire disc of a drone but it wasn't based on a song from a previous disc.

When talking about Quaristice, I only consider the actual album release, which is no where near 5 hours, what is being talked about. Versions and Quadrange are just like, extras. Decent in their own right, but not what I consider Quaristice.

The thing is, I consider that Quadrange is the actual album. Quaristice was advertising for the file only release...

One more thing... this thread began as being about the novelty of Quaristice wearing off. No way, not since Quadrange was released anyway!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I played it to death until ppl in my car told me to take it out. I haven't listened to it much since then.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived