IGNORED

Quarisitice novelty = wearing off?

awepittance

I've been listening to Rushup Edge and Untilted a lot more than Quaristice, have others also gotten kind of tired of Quaristice?

I made a CD of my custom quaristice including all my favorite versions and alternates but i think ive only listened to it once or twice.....

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest acridavid

I don't often sit down and really listen to music lately. Don't know why, others things to do, just doensn't happen much. When I do though, I find myself listening to one or two songs on Untilted. Quaristice is great and I still like it very much but I need to listen to it in one go. The longer tracks from previous albums are a better length for just listening to one or two songs. I'll get back to it when I have more time for it, for sure.

Listening to this album for me is really a ceremony...not something I do half-heartedly. I can't put this album on and just do something else. It takes so much attention from me and warps my mind so much that it only works when I am completely focused on it, maybe out in the woods in the winter or something. I try to listen to this in altered mindstates, and I just get bored and scared by it really quickly. The variation makes it such a strange and disorienting experience when you are out in the cold, icy woods...I start to forget about the world....

Guest Enter a new display name

Of course I don't listen to Quaristice as often as when I bought the album. Confield is still their album that I listen the most often, by the way.

I think it's still a great album, I don't listen to it regularly, probably a few tracks off it once a fortnight. I think I would never stop listening to it, I'm sure people like me go through phases where they are fixated on one record for a while, then the phase fades away but then returns to bugger you again.

Guest Hypokondriak

I really don't understand, youre taltking about Rushup Edge... There's no realease of Ae named Rushup Edge. I do know Ae discography but right now i think what youre saying is just bullshit. :huh:

Or maybe you want to say Rushup Edge from The Tuss aka RDJ but i don't think so.

Sorry if i'm wrong but i'll be suprised if i'd find out an Ae release i didn't know...

I really don't understand, youre taltking about Rushup Edge... There's no realease of Ae named Rushup Edge. I do know Ae discography but right now i think what youre saying is just bullshit. :huh:

Or maybe you want to say Rushup Edge from The Tuss aka RDJ but i don't think so.

Sorry if i'm wrong but i'll be suprised if i'd find out an Ae release i didn't know...

the tuss is aphex twin AND autechre.

Guest Hypokondriak

the tuss is aphex twin AND autechre.

Seriously ??!! :omg:

RDJ work very very rarely with others music makers and people told me always it was a RDJ realease !

Edit : I hope you're joking !

lol of course im talking about Rushup edge by tuss, and any real fan of quality electronic music would know why i compare the two :) because they are probably the two most anticipated and buzzed about new electronic releases of the last 3 years (with the exception of burial).

Listening to this album for me is really a ceremony...not something I do half-heartedly. I can't put this album on and just do something else. It takes so much attention from me and warps my mind so much that it only works when I am completely focused on it, maybe out in the woods in the winter or something. I try to listen to this in altered mindstates, and I just get bored and scared by it really quickly. The variation makes it such a strange and disorienting experience when you are out in the cold, icy woods...I start to forget about the world....

the craziest post in the thread is the one i can relate to most. I think part of my issue with quaristice is its very hard for me to appreciate in a casual sense, i cant just listen to it in the car and be satisfied, but yet i can do this just about with any other AE album including Untilted and Draft (where probably most of my listening came from the car).

I have complained about Quaristice and its spin offs here, and I stick by some of those complaints, but I've been listening to it on headphones lately and it's a pleasant surprise. I think there are a few very weak tracks, but also some of the strongest I've heard from them. I think Simmm, for example, is one of the best things they've ever written.

Rushup Edge never gets old for me either, but that's just because it's a lot better than Quaristice.

Now hangon chap! You're chucking context out the window here!

I have complained about Quaristice and its spin offs here, and I stick by some of those complaints, but I've been listening to it on headphones lately and it's a pleasant surprise. I think there are a few very weak tracks, but also some of the strongest I've heard from them. I think Simmm, for example, is one of the best things they've ever written.

Ya reckon? I love simmm, but for me it seems like a track that has crazy potential, but falls in to dissonance....like,say, surripere.

Either way, been chucking on altibzz pretty frequently these past few days. Sublime track :)

i like it (prefer the tuss tho) but i started listening to it when quadrange was released, so i dont know the album very well. to me quaristice (2CD+quadrange flacs) is a huge steam machines (must be like 5 hours). with all those remixes & alternates version, i'm kind of lost in those new material. but i think its a good one and the ambient tunes are great. its really cool to listen to the same album without listening to the same version everytime. the trx gets less preditable; more surprise etc..

Archived