IGNORED

Quarisitice novelty = wearing off?

awepittance

Isn't this an identical thread to the "Now that Quaristice has a little age on it thread"?

Nothing but repeats on here. Its what happens when people run out of things to say.

No i think this is what happens when people including myself dont read watmm very often and just make threads without checking what threads have already been made. I will read watmm more diligently hours a day and make damn sure i do no repeat threads!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Enter a new display name
Rushup Edge is not exceptional at all. Get over it.

i would argue the general consensus overwhelmingly on watmm is that it is a superior album to Quaristice.

6 tracks for a 32 minutes total is not an album, it's an EP. Therefore Quaristice is a better album. :angry:

Guest Enter a new display name

I admit I re-listened to Rushup Edge yesterday night in order to make sure I really prefered Quaristice. On second thought, I would say that Rushup Edge is awesome and I ought to purchase it, although I still prefer Quaristice.

Guest Hypokondriak
I admit I re-listened to Rushup Edge yesterday night in order to make sure I really prefered Quaristice. On second thought, I would say that Rushup Edge is awesome and I ought to purchase it, although I still prefer Quaristice.

I think Rushup Edge (from Aphex Twin of course, no more jokes with that ^^) follow Analord series. It's good like all of his albums but that's all.

However Quaristice is a pearl cause Ae came back to Ambient and their 90's electronic music, leaving what they were working since Confield.

I'm not saying i don't like their last album, they just were leaving little by little electronic music with more cold and abstract sounds and close to industrial.

However Quaristice is a pearl cause Ae came back to Ambient and their 90's electronic music, leaving what they were working since Confield.

I'm not saying i don't like their last album, they just were leaving little by little electronic music with more cold and abstract sounds and close to industrial.

you call quaristice 90s electronic music? im having a hard time finding any relationship between the beat oriented tracks on confield and Tri repeate, incunabula, amber, lp5 or pretty much any AE release in the 90s

Quaristice to me is very unique. When I first got Quaristice I was saying it was my favorite Autechre release yet, there was something about it that had me really addicted, like I was listenig to it 2, 3 times a day for about 2 weeks. Actually I made a conscience effort to listen to it less, as I didn't want to wear it out or for it to sort of fill my entire brain so there was no room left for my own ideas about the album. So I haven't listened to it for quite a while, but from what I can tell, unless I do in fact get sick of it I would say it is an amazing release.

Personally I think a lot has to do with the short songs, there is something about the album which just makes it the most enjoyable autechre album for me to sit down and listen to, not to be cliche but it is truely "psychedelic" in many of it's effects and sounds, when you have a good listening session with this album you come away from it feeling quite warped, I find you can get really sucked into the album the way you would a really intense movie.

My useless opinion.

Guest nsixqatsi

I love Quaristice

I super appreciate Versions

And Quadrange ties it all up into a whole ultimate package of purely sublime hugely variable approaches for me to slide into a few sweet spots and sweet tracks within the whole of the Quaristice sounds that I love

I am 100% satisfied with everything Quaristice

I was seriously thinking earlier today that being introduced to Autechre a year or so ago may be one of the best things that has happened to me in my entire life. And Quaristice is a big awesome chunk of that.

I LIIIKE QUARISTICE

most interesting god damn sounds and phrases I've ever heard.

i think definitely part of my issue with Quaristice is the songs that i love on it are very short, and the alternate versions of those songs like the Plc are not nearly as fufilling as tracks like Sublimit, Ipacial Section, Reniform Puls, or Nuane.

Sean and Rob said in several interviews that Quaristice is their first album without a 'language lesson' something about a lot of their previous work forces you to learn where the song is taking you. Quaristice just kind of throws you in the deep end and then quickly pulls you out presenting you the next piece. I think this approach is what i don't like about this album, causing it to have a lot less repeatability than most of their previous albums. I like constantly discovering new things in AE's music, with quaristice its like there was nothing to discover at all it was just there already.

i think definitely part of my issue with Quaristice is the songs that i love on it are very short, and the alternate versions of those songs like the Plc are not nearly as fufilling as tracks like Sublimit, Ipacial Section, Reniform Puls, or Nuane.

Sean and Rob said in several interviews that Quaristice is their first album without a 'language lesson' something about a lot of their previous work forces you to learn where the song is taking you. Quaristice just kind of throws you in the deep end and then quickly pulls you out presenting you the next piece. I think this approach is what i don't like about this album, causing it to have a lot less repeatability than most of their previous albums. I like constantly discovering new things in AE's music, with quaristice its like there was nothing to discover at all it was just there already.

I felt the same as you when I listened to it the first few times, but I adapted to the changes and grew to love them. I love the way Simmm doesn't fuck about, it doesn't drop new layers in one by one sort of thing. I fucking love Quaristice, but I find it impossible to compare it to other Ae releases, but honestly I think that's commendable.

Guest neath

Does anyone else think that Ae released Quaristice (the 20 track vinyl/CD/limited vinyl with extras) as a throwaway/attention getter. The real release is the 13 files called Quaristice Quadrange.ep.ae.

I bet that the next release next release we see from Autechre is file download available only.

Also, I think that they pulled this release off perfectly. If they released the 13 files quadrange 1st it would have been all over the file sharing sites. This is what they did:

1)Announce new "album"

2)Digitally release new album (I pre ordered quaristice vinyl from warp on this date and seconds later illegally downloaded it even though it was available legally).

3)Announce and release pre order only for 1000 quaristice limited edition vinyl

4)Actually release vinyl quaristice

5)gradually release the files collectively known as "Quaristice Quadrange.ep.ae" under fucked up names like "ptpp", p9tp", etc... This method I think confounded the recreational, lazy, free loaders.

I bet that most people who own quadrange paid for it.

Let me know what you think.

-neath.

Guest neath
there was no limited edition vinyl.

I'm sorry, it was a limited edition cd. Here is the tracklisting:

01 Altibzz 02:53

02 The Plc 04:17

03 IO 03:08

04 plyPhon 02:33

05 Perlence 03:25

06 SonDEremawe 01:21

07 Simmm 05:00

08 paralel Suns 03:04

09 Steels 02:56

10 Tankakern 03:40

11 rale 03:43

12 Fol3 03:47

13 fwzE 02:39

14 90101-51-1 03:11

15 bnc Castl 02:52

16 Theswere 02:12

17 WNSN 04:57

18 chenc9 04:57

19 Notwo 05:34

20 Outh9X 07:15

CD2 / Versions

01 Altichyre 01:44

02 The PlclCpC 09:18

03 I O (Mons) 07:52

04 Phylopn 02:41

05 Perlence Range3 07:37

06 SonDEre-ix 03:28

07 Tankraken 05:29

08 Fol4 11:42

09 90101-61-01 05:11

10 Chenc9-x 08:29

11 Nofour 04:25

141:20 min

Archived

there was no limited edition vinyl.

I'm sorry, it was a limited edition cd. Here is the tracklisting:

you better be sorry mother fucker, nobody fucks up around here like that !!

Guest ComicMaster
Quaristice to me is very unique. When I first got Quaristice I was saying it was my favorite Autechre release yet, there was something about it that had me really addicted, like I was listenig to it 2, 3 times a day for about 2 weeks. Actually I made a conscience effort to listen to it less, as I didn't want to wear it out or for it to sort of fill my entire brain so there was no room left for my own ideas about the album. So I haven't listened to it for quite a while, but from what I can tell, unless I do in fact get sick of it I would say it is an amazing release.

Personally I think a lot has to do with the short songs, there is something about the album which just makes it the most enjoyable autechre album for me to sit down and listen to, not to be cliche but it is truely "psychedelic" in many of it's effects and sounds, when you have a good listening session with this album you come away from it feeling quite warped, I find you can get really sucked into the album the way you would a really intense movie.

My useless opinion.

This is 100% how I feel / how I listened to it when it was released.

i think its difficult to have an opinion on a release that last 5 hours. like, you cant totally like (or dislike) 5 hours of music, its similar to Kesto & analord (2 boxsets that i love) in a way. sure i think quaristice/quadrange are great but with so many trax you dont relate to it, like with LP5 or confield. that's exactly what i enjoy you can easily get lost in the music without knowing exactly which version you're listening to. in a way its against the idea of a finished piece of art, like "its a masterpiece, i wont add a single note".

i think its difficult to have an opinion on a release that last 5 hours. like, you cant totally like (or dislike) 5 hours of music, its similar to Kesto & analord (2 boxsets that i love) in a way. sure i think quaristice/quadrange are great but with so many trax you dont relate to it, like with LP5 or confield. that's exactly what i enjoy you can easily get lost in the music without knowing exactly which version you're listening to. in a way its against the idea of a finished piece of art, like "its a masterpiece, i wont add a single note".

that's a valid point, but i think unlike Kesto and Analord these were mostly versions of the same song(s). Kesto had an entire disc of a drone but it wasn't based on a song from a previous disc.

Guest ComicMaster

that's a valid point, but i think unlike Kesto and Analord these were mostly versions of the same song(s). Kesto had an entire disc of a drone but it wasn't based on a song from a previous disc.

When talking about Quaristice, I only consider the actual album release, which is no where near 5 hours, what is being talked about. Versions and Quadrange are just like, extras. Decent in their own right, but not what I consider Quaristice.

Archived