IGNORED

[LDN] PLEX 2nd Bday / REPHLEX 17th Bday - 7/11/08 - CORSICA STUDIOS

Guest cet303

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest chelsea303

Yeah, it was a good night. DMX and Ceephax were wicked but I certainly wouldn't say it was one to stay till the end for.

this whole thing feels like a cheap marketing gimmick to get us down... ah well...

yeah, great night, but didnt deliver on the amount of hype generated.

ed dmx has been hit or miss for me in the past but this set was the definite highlight of the night. JK was very good but nothing new - just straight up rephlex music. other highlights were alexsi and wisp. ceephax also delivered tighter set than when i last saw him.

i had a proper stonking good laugh. wordup to the wattem masseef

Yeah I had a wicked night but all the hype guff could of been avoided really, it was a great night but didn't warrent the super secret vibe going on. J.K and Ed MDX were the best, even if Ed had to deal with some ridiculous girl who kept hassling him and trying to drag him off stage. Also a nice change to go to a night in London that didn't descend into breakcore

Good to see so many of London raving crew regulars out and about too :)

Aleksi owned this night. DMX Krew should have been on earlier and with less strobe. Grant's sets were great, especially watching DMX pulling all the 80's shapes on the dancefloor. Ceephax was fun, but to my mind, ultimately annoying. First time I have seen Wisp, really liked it but regardless everyone felt eclipsed by Perala. Brilliant set.

Guest behindthebeats

CAnt believe no one has mentioned global goon yet. for me the most consistently good set all night followed by the insanity of grants sets (with unreleased afx and squarepusher white labels). aleksi was great and JK shows real potential. fantastic night all round. sound systems in both rooms set up to perfection. well worth ALL the hype. roll on dopplereffekt.

CAnt believe no one has mentioned global goon yet. for me the most consistently good set all night followed by the insanity of grants sets (with unreleased afx and squarepusher white labels). aleksi was great and JK shows real potential. fantastic night all round. sound systems in both rooms set up to perfection. well worth ALL the hype. roll on dopplereffekt.

Respect, you clearly know the score mate.

It was good, some very good points to the evening, although it felt as though there was some of the best music earlier on. It was good to appreciate it in a sober state and be able to remember it, but I would have liked to be a tad more inebriated during some of the highlights.

Managed to refrain from jabbering to scene celebrities, spoke to a few Wattm crew, and unsucessfully attempted to get all my friends in the same room at the same time. It seemed as though a lot of people just wanted to smoke and chat all night.

Wisp's set was great, so was J.K.'s, very rich sounding, Aleksi's set was good although took a while to get going for my tastes and it seemed very tonally similar throughout. I enjoyed DMX Krew, even the rapping. Ceephax was solid, but he's played sets that I've enjoyed far more in the past. The night descended in to Gabba during Grant's last set, so my friends didn't want to stick around and I couldn't blame them, although I remember a couple of treats including a Squarepusher track.

Hopefully we wont have to wait another 3 years for the next Rephlex bash...

hmm, im feeling maybe i was unwarrantedly dismissive about JK but my ears just werent properly perked at any point - interested to get some on headphones and give a proper listen though. global goon was fo shure brilliant, from what as much of it as i recall.

hmm, im feeling maybe i was unwarrantedly dismissive about JK but my ears just werent properly perked at any point - interested to get some on headphones and give a proper listen though. global goon was fo shure brilliant, from what as much of it as i recall.

I have listened to Jodey's set about 7 times now. It is the business. Analord acid type gear all the way. Brilliant.

You lucky bugger, I can't help but ask if it's possible to share such treats with my good self? It was very Analordesque, and he got a big well deserved round of applause when he finished.

Guest TheCentrifuge
haha, i already pm'd asking for it but no joy yet - it needs to be cleared for consumption with grant/jk first.

hmmm yeah good luck with that! would love to hear it again tho. JK played a fairly similar set at the Sandsifter in August if my memory serves me correctly.

think its usual Rephlex policy not to release recorded sets which contain a lot of forthcoming material...the same reasons that we're still sat on Wisp's sets from the summer...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived