IGNORED

Fucking hell...

Guest magic0801

Guest magic0801

I gave the Double Figure album a listen the other day and was seriously impressed. Not a bad track.

Where should i go from here???

Oh come on, Spokes was fucking great! Maybe just needs a bit of time. And what about Tekkonkinkreet? I love Greedy Baby as well, but I'm sure I'm in a minority there. Do you rate the later stuff very highly JR, or do you mean that the earlier releases are just worth checking out first? Not trying to flame or anything, just genuinely interested in your opinion as I can't remember reading many of your views on Plaid.

I gave the Double Figure album a listen the other day and was seriously impressed. Not a bad track.

Where should i go from here???

Aye Double Fiugre is ace.

Get on Trainer if you haven't already, that's quality!

Guest dadominate
Oh come on, Spokes was fucking great! Maybe just needs a bit of time. And what about Tekkonkinkreet? I love Greedy Baby as well, but I'm sure I'm in a minority there. Do you rate the later stuff very highly JR, or do you mean that the earlier releases are just worth checking out first? Not trying to flame or anything, just genuinely interested in your opinion as I can't remember reading many of your views on Plaid.

i agree. i enjoy spokes much more than the earlier work, as it is much more complex (and darker). you're not totally in the minority, i also really liked greedy baby. the earlier stuff is okay, but to me it's lighter and just not as captivating as the recent plaid.

lol pigster

After posting on this thread last week or whatever I took out Not For Threes and started listening to it again, and I still maintain that it's second best after Double Figure (minus a few shit tracks - myopia wtf?)

but I think I should give RPC a better listen.. I never actually got a copy of it, but had the sum of its tracks scattered over a couple mixed cds at some point. I just remember a lot of cheese.

ALSO. The secret track after Air Locked, "Face Me", is one of the best things they've ever done. I know it's pretty simple but I find it very moving.

aw man! i forgot about face me, but i remember loving it!

*listens*

The simplicity of this song is what makes it so great. I love the percussion. This is the kind of chilled out track (a la rakimou, or zamami - albeit not as lush) that seems to be otherwise missing from that album (ok maybe ralome)... also is it just me or do some of the extra vocal dubs sound a bit like alison goldfrapp? I know it's not, but it sounds goldfrappy.

After Double Figure, none of the Plaid material really interested me or made me smile the way tracks from Not For Threes or Rest Proof Clockwork did. Spokes just didn't have any tracks that stood out for me. It's not a bad album by any means, just didn't have any tracks that grabbed me like their prior releases did.

Archived