IGNORED

AFX Glade Set

Guest Jabbanobadda

Guest Jabbanobadda

Hey guys, I'm fairly new herer. But I like the idea of a forum that discusses music you can actually discuss rather than saying "IT's shit!" or "It's better than the shit you like!"

Sadly, I digress

Anyhoo, the point of this all is the aforementioned AFX set at the Glade Festival. I am sure that some of you will have been privileged enough to the belter! I loved AFX's set! It was a masterpiece of overwhelming interesting complicated rhythmical noise. However, after 10 mins of it, my ex decided that this was the best time for a stonking row with lots of tears! I missed loads of it despite trying to ignore what she was saying and listening to the interesting flashing tent in the distance. I haven't seen anything restricting questions like this so:

Where can I get it? Someone must have bootlegged it, or it must be due up for release....ANYTHING! I refuse to believe that radio 1 recorded Cylob, Scotch Egg and Speedy J for a breezeblock and no-one else has got any material. I've been searching ever since the Festival finished and to no luck. HELP ME!

Also, DJ rephlex record's set would be amazing as I found it the high point of the whole festival! Especially with those damn visuals! Damn Dancing, volley-ball playing, bikini-clad, silhouettey shadow dancing scorpion women!

Cheers! :duel:

Guest behindthebeats

i was there and saw the whole squarepusher/afx extravaganza - been lookin for this as well but i really dont think anyone recorded it. or if they did they aint sharing - i know chris cunningham recorded a recent squarepusher gig in london and he was at the glade but again its unlikely we will get to find out... my advice is to make sure u dont let history repeat itself this year with ur GF - i mean what was she thinking ; ) and when did rephlex records (grant) play - r u sure it was him?

Guest Jabbanobadda
my advice is to make sure u dont let history repeat itself this year with ur GF - i mean what was she thinking ; )

Well, you know women! :ermm: I've decided that no Girlfriends at Festivals and Raves from now on. You spend too much time worrying about whether they are having a good time that you don't have such a good one yourself. Well, at least you generally don't get as wasted (unless you want an argument) :whistling:

and when did rephlex records (grant) play - r u sure it was him?

Yeah, Friday Night in the littlebig tent straight after Ceephax. Great coupling! Don't think many people realised who it was, cos it wasn't very crowded. Got to dance right by the barrier with loads of space around me with a mate. Loved it! Yeah, twas Grant Wilson-Claridge (What a name! :laughing: ), recognised him.

Hey guys, I'm fairly new herer. But I like the idea of a forum that discusses music you can actually discuss rather than saying "IT's shit!" or "It's better than the shit you like!"

Don't get your hopes up about that.... :laughing:

But yeah I'd love to hear the Glade set again. It was phenomenal. I'd probably have a flashback.

the first glade the afx set was fucking the best set i've ever seen heard in my life.. 40 minutes of noise into breakcore with druqks piano over it..

i was like 3 foot away from richard and coming up on pills.. then they put a gigantic psycadellic fish in the way.. it was fucking surreal set!

the set this yeah wasnt that good. i enjoyed luke viberts set alot more..

Guest Coalbucket PI

I much preferred the first year too... I just didnt want to sound pessimistic, because last year was hardly bad. I came up during one of those lengthy Squarepusher distortion sessions which was fucking CONFUSING

Guest Jabbanobadda
I much preferred the first year too... I just didnt want to sound pessimistic, because last year was hardly bad. I came up during one of those lengthy Squarepusher distortion sessions which was fucking CONFUSING

lol, The most recent Glastonbury I went to Squarepusher played a phenomenal set. really good dark D&B breaks. I was right next to the stage. There was a load of pill heads around me that were being destroyed by the music! It was hilarious! I felt so sorry for the poor fuckers. They were quite paniky but realised there is no way they could get through the crowd in the mud. So they stood there. One guy spent the set hyperventilating and taking his T-shirt off then putting it back on. Almost crying, then looking at me, grinning like a bastard and then dancing for about a minute. This was repeated ad nauseam. Didn't enjoy the Sqaurepusher Glade set so much. I like Listening to the Eclectic Blues/Jazz stuff on a stereo or in the car. But at a festival, I want to RAVE! :fear:

I think I was too dazzled by the strobelight to pay full attentoon to Squarepusher :grin:

BUT WE CAN'T TALK ABOUT HIM ON THIS SUBFORUM

I recieved an email from the Glade festival people a while ago just saying random stuff about the festival etc etc etc and it mentioned the fact they plan on (or had the intention of at that point) of releasing a DVD of various acts.

Never anymore about it from them though :sad:

lol, The most recent Glastonbury I went to Squarepusher played a phenomenal set. really good dark D&B breaks. I was right next to the stage. There was a load of pill heads around me that were being destroyed by the music! It was hilarious! I felt so sorry for the poor fuckers. They were quite paniky but realised there is no way they could get through the crowd in the mud. So they stood there. One guy spent the set hyperventilating and taking his T-shirt off then putting it back on. Almost crying, then looking at me, grinning like a bastard and then dancing for about a minute. This was repeated ad nauseam. Didn't enjoy the Sqaurepusher Glade set so much. I like Listening to the Eclectic Blues/Jazz stuff on a stereo or in the car. But at a festival, I want to RAVE! :fear:

Mate you must haver seen us all storm the crash barrier and dance like cunts towards the end of the set then :squarepusher_logo:

Sorry to say but this set was not recorded. I know as one of mates goes out with one of the organizer's and i've been deperate to get hold of it and pleaded for a copy, to no avail though. Reckon Richard may have recorded it directly from his laptop, minus crowd ambience obviously.

I took a bit of video when i climbed up the left hand side pole and got a nice bit of polynomial-C and The Elephant Song amongst other stuff. The crowd shots look incredible. The whole place was absolutely heaving like i've never seen before during a Twin Dj set (live is different ;) )

cet303 cheers man, that was a good lil taster! The set was quite a blur for me! Being off my head on a gram of MDMA tends to do that hehe...

The set was quite a blur for me! Being off my head on a gram of MDMA tends to do that hehe...

Innit!!!

actually it was worse for Squarepusher... I was just completely off it.

I recieved an email from the Glade festival people a while ago just saying random stuff about the festival etc etc etc and it mentioned the fact they plan on (or had the intention of at that point) of releasing a DVD of various acts.

Never anymore about it from them though :sad:

I'm led to believe it will be released at the same time as the tickets all being well. The structure of it changed which is why it's taken longer, it's now more like a documentary of 2004 and 2005, with music on there too (obviously!).

• 1 month later...
inthecrowd.mov AFX.mov

Anyway, enjoy.

BWAH! aphex played on the romance tip and i fucking missed it *endless misery*

yeah my mates who were there said he played a classics set, but could only name polynomial-c... i had no idea. seriously fucking gutted man.

thanks for the vids anyway.

Guest blutac

He didnt play much from classics apart from polynomial c but it was defo the best Ive seen him. Highlight for me was moo kid

Also when someone chucked some underwear on stage and he made no reaction waited till the set was over the threw it back off the stage. The mans a fuckin charmer

Also when someone chucked some underwear on stage and he made no reaction waited till the set was over the threw it back off the stage. The mans a fuckin charmer

LOL

Guest AlexPallas

LOL

male or female underwear?

LOL

male or female underwear?

female, he was jerking off while playing the set

Archived