IGNORED

hardware vs. software samplers

Rubin Farr

Guest blicero
blicero: Just because you think it sounds good, doesn't mean it does.

No, I'm pretty sure that is EXACTLY how personal preference works. There are people who are obsessed with lofi music. I think you need to adjust your vocabulary. Your usage of the word "good" should be replaced with the word "accurate."

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest blicero
Anyway, wasn't this about hardware vs. software samplers? I think they're both swell. If you're using any kind of hardware sequencer, an "actual" sampler is indispensable. Nice for running through external effects, as well. A bit of a chore to program, but they kind of force you to get intimate with your samples and keygroups in a way that soft samplers don't.

Yes, thank you. Let's get back on topic.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

in terms of soft samplers what is everyone using these days? i used to really like intakt but these days i'm using short circuit because its free. need to get intakt back again really.

Guest hahathhat
Consensus seems to be that hardware samplers are superior.  Funny how it turned into an argument on bit rates, when everybody agrees on the actual topic.

well, only if you're going for a sampler with character or groove. if you just want to load some stupid vocal samples or something, well, i can run 12 samplers on my computer and just use it as another midi device, as opposed to dealing with programming it all into the MPC.

on the other hand, for jamming around with drum samples, i start with the mpc and ignore the computer...

• 1 month later...
Guest Ultravisitor

i just ordered a boss sp 404

looks perfect for what i want. playing live and just generally having fun with a sampler.

anyone else got one? are they good?

Archived