Dec 11 2008 Elysi​um - Austi​n,​ Texas​

Dec 12 2008 The Knitt​ing Facto​ry - Los Angel​es,​ Calif​ornia​

Dec 13 2008 Histo​ric Sweet​s Ballr​oom - Oakla​nd,​ Calif​ornia​

Dec 20 2008 The Fez Ballr​oom - Portl​and,​ Orego​n

Dec 21 2008 Necta​r Loung​e - Seatt​le,​ Washi​ngton

tourimageweb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TooMuchLush

Alright, who's gonna hit the Oakland show. Taking the BART to the 18th st stop is no big deal, but what happens at 2 am when the show lets out and homie dont have no ride??? this is all thats keeping me from doing the VSnarez as oppossed to DMZ @ the Mezz in DTSF. Any words of wisdom from those attending?

Dudes the Chicago show rocked the fucking house. VSnares dropped a sweet set and Otto Von Schirach was fucking mental. I had a blast.

lol and Benn Jordan DJ'd a soooooper gay DJ set. I was halfway excited to see him and it was sooo lame.

third time to see him, and the best......

glad to see you and G Money there Sooth....

and you might have hooked yourself up with a dubstep night of your own!?!

Dudes the Chicago show rocked the fucking house. VSnares dropped a sweet set and Otto Von Schirach was fucking mental. I had a blast.

lol and Benn Jordan DJ'd a soooooper gay DJ set. I was halfway excited to see him and it was sooo lame.

I was there too. Great show, it was much better than the Denver one I saw over the summer. Naha played a great DJ set, she has some killer skills. Where were you in the crowd during Otto's set? His set and the beginning of Aaron's were the only two sets I was in the crowd for.

And I liked Benn's DJ set. I think he's a talented and hardworking guy in this little music community. The fact that he makes a living off of his music should say something about his talents. He's always been super nice any time I've talked with him, and I personally will never understand why that guy gets so much shit on this board. :cry:

And I liked Benn's DJ set. I think he's a talented and hardworking guy in this little music community. The fact that he makes a living off of his music should say something about his talents. He's always been super nice any time I've talked with him, and I personally will never understand why that guy gets so much shit on this board. :cry:

I have nothing against Benn Jordan. I've heard from tons of people that he is a great and nice guy. I like a bit of his music too. I was excited to hear that he was being added to the bill. His set really didn't do it for me though.

my intention is not to create a hate snowball but

one of the things i absolutely cannot stand about Flashbulb's music is how much abuse of commercial sampling libraries he's willing to do.

his early drill stuff was my favorite because it didnt sound like he was ripping loops and/or samples from those large gigabyte sampling packs. now his music sounds 100% like it's made with them. And i may be wrong, they may be all his own recordigs some how, but if they are why does he polish them so much that they sound soulless and like some cool jazz recording multitrack session?

that semi new rock lp is mainly what im talking about.

it sounds like he's aspiring to be one of those discovery channel music background composers rather than aspiring to passionately express himself

and did no one here go to the Oakland, CA show of Vsnares?

i heard it went terribly mainly because the venue was gigantic and the sound was

reverbed as hell. anybody can confirm?

Guest pantsonmyhead

i didn't go but i heard one of the dc turntables wasn't working so he essentially played a cd of some of his music

glad i didn't pay for it

i didn't go but i heard one of the dc turntables wasn't working so he essentially played a cd of some of his music

glad i didn't pay for it

crap so he just threw on a CD with no mixing or anything? that sounds brutal im glad i didnt go either. the venue choice seemed personally like a very poor one especially for how much $ was being put into the sound system.

Guest bitroast
my intention is not to create a hate snowball but
one of the things i absolutely cannot stand about Flashbulb's music is how much abuse of commercial sampling libraries he's willing to do.

his early drill stuff was my favorite because it didnt sound like he was ripping loops and/or samples from those large gigabyte sampling packs. now his music sounds 100% like it's made with them. And i may be wrong, they may be all his own recordigs some how, but if they are why does he polish them so much that they sound soulless and like some cool jazz recording multitrack session?

that semi new rock lp is mainly what im talking about.

it sounds like he's aspiring to be one of those discovery channel music background composers rather than aspiring to passionately express himself

and did no one here go to the Oakland, CA show of Vsnares?

i heard it went terribly mainly because the venue was gigantic and the sound was

reverbed as hell. anybody can confirm?

yeah, the drums and general production of the new album sound so incredibly tacky.

what was wrong with benn jordan's dj set? (heh, just realised he has the same awesome initials as i do... and bj hunnicutt.)

is it true that Snares only played 3 songs and stopped at the Oakland show because the sound system was so shitty?

the soundsystem snares used when i saw him in liverpool literally ripped my eardrums to shreds it was so intensely loud.

It was strange how quiet the sound system was in Austin, till Aaron demanded the sound be turned up, along with the crowd....and then it was bliss from then on.....

Archived