IGNORED

no fried egg is complete

perunamuusi

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yknow what else isn't as nice as it used to be? angel delight.

motherfuckers like to suck the chemical joy out of everything now.

even pot noodles are supposed to be "good" for you these days.

bah

yknow what else isn't as nice as it used to be? angel delight.

motherfuckers like to suck the chemical joy out of everything now.

even pot noodles are supposed to be "good" for you these days.

bah

it only dawned on me recently how my mum tricked me from an early age into believing that i didn't like angel delight. i can remember her drilling it into me in the aisles of fine-fare that i had tried it but didn't like it. apparently i only liked INSTANT WHIP

then about 30 years later i found out instant whip was merely stores-own-brand angel delight.

it's a good job though. every time she must've saved about 3 or 4p per packet. and all that money saved added up to buy me a plain terrys chocolate orange every year at christmas.

mums are the best

when my mom was preggers with me, the only thing she could keep down was angel delight

i get unnatural angel delight urges sometimes, seemingly at random

it (used to be) good chemical shit

• 3 weeks later...

i just had 2 fried eggs and beans on 3 toast

i am now enjoying a cup of tea and a rollie

how do you prefer your fried eggs?

i like them perfectly white (no crispy bits) with a hot runny yolk. when the whites are almost done, i spoon the hot oil from the pan over the yolks until they are uniformly pink. when i eat them i (usually) leave the yolk intact until the rest is gone, then i trim off any surplus bread leaving just the soft pink yolk sitting atop a perfectly sized toast base and eat the lot in one go . this should always be the final mouthful of eggs on toast.

i like the white slightly crispy at the edges. it's very important the texture of the white is beyond runny, but not quite rubbery yet. the yolk should be nearly entirely liquid, and should just have soldified into a ring around the edge

i like the white slightly crispy at the edges. it's very important the texture of the white is beyond runny, but not quite rubbery yet. the yolk should be nearly entirely liquid, and should just have soldified into a ring around the edge

yeah... that snearly a perfect egg (minus the slightly crispy bits)

i can live with slightly crispy, but 100% non crispy is the ideal

the skin of the yolk should definitely be pink

Archived