IGNORED

no fried egg is complete

perunamuusi

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

eggs benedict? the idea of a fried eggs is that its piss easy, you drop it in a pan and minute later you eat it. no poncing around with muffins and 'hollandaise sauce' you tart.

how is possible to make value ham i wonder. a pig is a pig at the end of the day. do they just feed them shitty cheap food?

you know what i mean... reconstituted based watery crap that comes in clear plastic tubs with a stack of square sandwich sized wafer thin slices

i wasnt debating it was shit ham, i was just ended up on a new train of thought wondering exactly how you make ham really shit.

but yeah i know the ham you mean. the smell of it makes me sick.

but yeah i know the ham you mean. the smell of it makes me sick.

Eggs benedict really is very simple. Spend several years working in a French kitchen as a commis chef perfecting the hollandaise, before coming back to England to set up a small holding to raise chickens and pigs. Now spend several years clearing up chicken shit and learning how to butcher your own pig and cure your own ham. You are now ready to make Eggs Benedict.

Sorry, I've just inadvertently regurgitated some repressed chef wank fantasy thats been foisted on the British public for the past 10 years.

can we further discuss white pepper and black pepper? I was under the impression that ground white pepper was posh. I only recently got some so as not to ruin the aesthetic appearance of some apple puree I was making. before then I had never been aware of it. black pepper is the regular table pepper here in the states.

it's my understanding that Pepper is a vine that grows on a stake and has tentacles similar to orchid roots. The peppercorn bunch is 3- 5 inches long with small round green berries. When ripened, the peppercorn turns from green to yellow and red.

Black pepper is harvested while the peppercorn is ripe, but still green and is then sun dried. Green peppercorn yeilds 33% black pepper by weight.

White peppercorn requires much more work. The peppercorn is picked when the it is red and fully ripened. The peppercorn is soaked in water to soften the husk for 5-7 days. The husk is then removed. The peppercorn is then sun dried. Ripe peppercorns yield 27 percent white pepper by weight. Since white pepper does not have the husk, it is stronger than black pepper.

I only recently got some so as not to ruin the aesthetic appearance of some apple puree I was making.

this is partly why white is better than black in an eggy situation... welll, not so much the appearance, though partly that i suppose

but who wants little crunchy black bits in their egg yolk

NOT ME SIR

plus you can get a more even distribution with finely ground white pepper creating a better egg:pepper ratio

Pepper is a vine that grows on a stake and has tentacles similar to orchid roots. The peppercorn bunch is 3- 5 inches long with small round green berries. When ripened, the peppercorn turns from green to yellow and red.

Black pepper is harvested while the peppercorn is ripe, but still green and is then sun dried. Green peppercorn yeilds 33% black pepper by weight.

White peppercorn requires much more work. The peppercorn is picked when the it is red and fully ripened. The peppercorn is soaked in water to soften the husk for 5-7 days. The husk is then removed. The peppercorn is then sun dried. Ripe peppercorns yield 27 percent white pepper by weight. Since white pepper does not have the husk, it is stronger than black pepper.

Guest countchocula
how is possible to make value ham i wonder. a pig is a pig at the end of the day. do they just feed them shitty cheap food?

they take scraps from a pig and add salt water. then they compress this scrap and saline slurry into a block of what is barely passable as ham.

can we further discuss white pepper and black pepper? I was under the impression that ground white pepper was posh. I only recently got some so as not to ruin the aesthetic appearance of some apple puree I was making. before then I had never been aware of it. black pepper is the regular table pepper here in the states.

it's my understanding that Pepper is a vine that grows on a stake and has tentacles similar to orchid roots. The peppercorn bunch is 3- 5 inches long with small round green berries. When ripened, the peppercorn turns from green to yellow and red.

by that reasoning, orange squash is posh

Archived